Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call? >

How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call?

My glass class has lost a lot of its surface. I have tried a coarse grit sand paper, but it just doesn't put the surface back on the call.Does anyone have any experience in re-conditioning a glass surface i.e. what to use, what not to use, what method for re-conditioning etc. I have been trying to see if there is some sort of diamond surface sandpaper available, but have not seen it on the internet. If you know of a product I might be able to pick up at a big box home improvement store, I would appreciate it very much.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call?

There are stones that condition glass calls. I can't for the life of me remember the name. Also, you can use 100-120 grit sand paper. This is going to take some elbow grease and time. Glass calls are stuborn. Make sure to only sand in one direction because these groves you make are what your going to be running your striker across. You could also use emery cloth.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

i use a primos slick stick its about 8 bucks it nice little tool to keep in your vest
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hoosierHUNTER76

i use a primos slick stick its about 8 bucks it nice little tool to keep in your vest
I have one too, the diamond dots side regrooves glass very well, the stone side does a pretty good job too. Another thing you could try if the pot is waterproof would be glass etching paste, you can find it at craft supply stores.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

I use a small Carborundum (sp?) stone.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Primos Slick Stick too. The stone does a good job on glass and crystal. Make sure you only sand in one direction, not in circles. Run the striker across the direction you sanded.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the help guys. I have ordered a Primos Slick Stick and will give it a try. Needed a few other supplies so just tacked that on the order. It's amazing. You just hit that little send button on your computer and miraculously a box is on your front door steps in a few days. How does that happen?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

i don't know how it works but i don know when it shows up at the door its like x-mas till my wife say whats in the box lol
Old 04-05-2009, 06:46 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I use a Dremel tool with an Abarasive stone wheel at high speed. Make sure your lines are in one direction and not in a circular pattern.

JW
Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

slick stick will run you $8 plus postage or you can go to the dollar store and buy a set of sharpening stones for $1.

Quick Reply: How To Re-Condition The Surface Of A Glass Call?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.