Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

fort carson, co

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 PM

Default fort carson, co

Does anybody know the best areas on ft Carson to hunt....this is my 2nd year on Carson and I need to narrow down my scouting as this is a very large place
Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Hunting on Fort Carson

It is a big place and it's hard to narrow down the areas to hunt. The best way to do so is by putting leather to the ground and getting some exercise. Those hills are no joke!

Also, I highly recommend http://www.g2outdoors.net They have digital maps of Fort Carson that you can use on your smart phone. It has saved me numerous times from getting lost. If you plan to hunt on Fort Carson you NEED this map!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted Carson many times, lots of dumb_ss's out there, had my decoy shot LOL from a road hunter way out of his assigned area, he lost his hunting privilege's for a while on post. One guy didn't want to find his own gobblers so He followed other hunters, he almost got shot while trying to come in on my hunt while the gobbler was in my sights, he's lucky I didn't rush a shot and saw him first.
Anyway lots of dumb and dangerous stuff there. Area 15 is good, 17 is better, 18 is good, 21 is good, 28 is good, I'd pick one and pattern the turks. A lot of hunters want 17 and 21 because they are good but the more hunters there are the more dangerous, even with the limit of hunters per unit.
Good luck.