Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I'm Hooked!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm Hooked!

As a very old deer hunter I found out why you guys love turkey hunting.I called in my first turkey and man was that fun.I couldn't believe it really worked.Turned out just to be a jake but he was the boss of the three that came out.What a day,I'm hooked.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Hooked!

Lol! Awesome! I love it when a new guy gets the addiction. Don't worry though, Arrowmaster runs a support group for us turkey hunting junkies in the off season.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry for you. It's a terrible addiction. I tell people not to try it, to take up golf instead. But they don't listen and they become like the rest of us.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The same happened to me this year Chuck. Where the heck is Defuniak springs, it's not even on the map? Isn't that somewhere north of Winterhaven neer the Green Swamp? I'm over in Titusville and I was hunting Buck Lake WMA this weekend.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

That awesome!! I was the same way my first morning out 10 years ago!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

there goes your pocket book
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM

Yea, theres justsomething about being in the woods just before daybreak hearing all that gobbling going on....I'm hooked too.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I here ya..
Last year I boughta Primo The Freak..I went to a spot on a trail..gave 3 yelps and a jake came running...I was shocked.

So during Spring goobler last year I took out my Freak and called in an 18 pounder in which I killed..

I began to think it was luck..until I called in one yesterday with the Freak..It's not luck..and like you said..I'm addicted too..AND each hunt you seem to learn more..I should have set out a decoy..I was planning on hunting deep into a swamp but the turkey got me hunting the edge of a clearing..[&o]a decoy in my backpack would have put meat on the table..instead a hurried shot left me bummed out.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I didn't waste my time calling in a jake for my first bird. Welcome to the club. You are now hooked for life. Just wait til you call in that first strutting longbeard, then you will really be hooked. I've got bad news for you, your addiction will only get worse.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wait til he hears one spittin' and drummin'!!!

Quick Reply: I'm Hooked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.