Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Your thoughts on a new sight >

Your thoughts on a new sight

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Your thoughts on a new sight

Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Your thoughts on a new sight

I currently shoot a Encore with the 20" Turkey Barrel. Shooting Winchester Extended Range #5 gives me a pattern I am tickled pink with. However, I have to aim below cenetr mass of the breast in order for the payload to cover the head (this happens with all brands of shells). I have adjustable sights , but the problem I am running into is that my rear sight is adjusted down as far as it can go. I have no adjustment available on my front sight. My windage is perfect. This is a factory sight from TC. I am considering adding an after-market sight. Any suggestions.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your thoughts on a new sight

I have the Williams Fire Sights, and love them.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get rid of the open sights and put on a red dot. You'd love it on your Encore. I recently added the new TruGlo® Turkey Reticle Red-Dot Gobble Stopper to my Encore Pro Hunter and it's an excellent sight! I like it better than the other red dots and the couple of varibale scopes I've tried.The tiny inner dot is perfect for exact shot placement on even your longest shots and the outside circle represents 24" @ 30 yards.... it's just a perfect sighting system for Gobblers. Here's a link

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0066237713221a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=36&Ntt=tru+glo&Ntk=Pro ducts&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D %3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fc abelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

My Encore Pro Hunter withan Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike choke and topped with theTruGlo® Turkey Reticle Red-Dot Gobble Stopper, shooting 3" - 2oz. - #6's @ 30 yards...... I'M READY!

Good luck this Spring

Old 03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to go with rifle sights Williams Firesights are very good.
If you don't do that there is always a scope, red dot or holo sights you could go with.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Peck1524

I have the Williams Fire Sights, and love them.
me too.I have a red dot but prefer the firesight.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

A taller front sight will bring your pattern down.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say if you have the same problem but TC put the wrong front sight on my Omega ML.It just didn't have the adjustment range it was supposed to and ran out before I got it anywhere near where it needed to be.I called TC about it and they sent the right one free.Might be worth checking.If that's not the case a Red Dot would be my choice.