Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How obsessed are you?

Old 02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How obsessed are you?

Is your cell ring tone a hen yelp, followed by a gobble, and followed a gun shot?
Do you have a stack of turkey hunting dvd's that you start watching in Feb., even though you have already seen them a few times? Are you a member of NWTF and subscribe to at least one other turkey magazine? Do you come to this site just about every day to see what is going on? Do you have a small gobbler that goes on your truck antenna and put in on during turkey season? Do you talk about turkey hunting to people who could care less about turkey hunting? Do you film yourself calling just to hear how you sound? Do you practice hooting like an owl while driving in your truck-car? Do you go to a sporting goods store and buy mouth calls, even though you don't need them, because you already have a stack of them about a foot high? Does evenseeing someones barnyard pet turkey in full strut while driving down the roadfire you up? Is your user name turkey oriented?I'm guilty of the obsession, and yes to all of these questions. How about you? I can think of several more, but I'll stop here. Care to add to the list?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: How obsessed are you?

Am beyond all of that!
I have taught myself to poop in a perfect J - wife sez I no longer snore but Gobble!

Yes I am an adict - please don't help me.

JW
Old 02-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

J poop fires me up. God I'm sick and I love it.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

From February 1rst till theend of the season, I only speak turkey!!

Old 02-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

J poop fires me up. God I'm sick and I love it.
Me too.....and my favorite song is "Strutter" by KISS.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Is your cell ring tone a hen yelp, followed by a gobble, and followed a gun shot?
Do you have a stack of turkey hunting dvd's that you start watching in Feb., even though you have already seen them a few times? Are you a member of NWTF and subscribe to at least one other turkey magazine? Do you come to this site just about every day to see what is going on? Do you have a small gobbler that goes on your truck antenna and put in on during turkey season? Do you talk about turkey hunting to people who could care less about turkey hunting? Do you film yourself calling just to hear how you sound? Do you practice hooting like an owl while driving in your truck-car? Do you go to a sporting goods store and buy mouth calls, even though you don't need them, because you already have a stack of them about a foot high? Does evenseeing someones barnyard pet turkey in full strut while driving down the roadfire you up? Is your user name turkey oriented?I'm guilty of the obsession, and yes to all of these questions. How about you? I can think of several more, but I'll stop here. Care to add to the list?

All of the above EXCEPT the gobbler on the antenna, and filming my self... I let the turkeys tell me my calling sounds good
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

I'm guilty of just about that whole list. I start getting ready for turkeys in December. I drive my friends and family up the wall this time of year either practicing my calls or talking nonstop about turkey hunting.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

As much as I love deer hunting turkey hunting is just more fun.I like being able to move around the woods without being super careful of every step I take.Being able to hunt along with a friend really adds to the experience.Nothing gets the juices flowing like a booming gobble !
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I'll add another ---

Setting up the Ole Pop-up Blind in front of the Big Screen TV - grabbing a few trusty well sued turkey calls andwatching a Turkey DVD with sourround sound UP REAL LOUD!

Almost like being there!

JW
Old 02-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude I'm a nut when it comes to turkey hunting!!! But if you setting up a pop up blind in you living room, you've done lost your damn mind

Quick Reply: How obsessed are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.