Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Calls

Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Calls

i just broke the calls in yesterday and they sound great!!!!!!! im glad i picked them up over theH.S Strut
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I love Primos Turkey calls.

My go to call is the primos jackpot slate with the kee kee striker.

I love my WP-1 diaphram also.
X-2, I love my Jackpot as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been testing the WP-1 and the TR-1 a bit more lately, and I really like them both. If I had to choose I like the TR-1 a bit better. The TR-1 allows me to do one heck of a kee kee as well as any of the other sounds. IMO, it does real good eastern hen yelps, and the kee kee's are great as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Primos makes good calls, thier power crystal is one of my favorite. They also have a box call that sounds pretty good
Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had a Lynch box call but it was getting really old and losing its sound so i broke down and went with the wetbox
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have a few Primos calls and they are ok. My favorites are custom calls, especially Lights Out Calls.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I've only used a couple primos calls, they just weren't to my liking. I like Tom Teasers custom mouth calls, especially the meat call. As for box calls, the Lynch World Champion is real hard to beat in my opinion.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that Will Primos is one of the best turkey hunters around, cetainly the far and away best of the "pros" you see on TV all the time. But to be honest, I've never much cared for most of his calls. I love his videos, love his personality and having been blessed to meet him and a couple of his pro staffers, I've never met anyone with Primos I have anything but wonderful things to say about. Some of their friction calls are pretty dang good for entry level calls. I honestly like their wet box quite a bit and it is definately the best of the waterproof calls in my opinion. There are a couple of things they put out that I find rather cheaply made though.... and to me personally, the sting of poor quality will remain long after the thrill of a good cheap buy is gone.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

i'm going to try my hand at turkey for the first time next month, i got a primos wet box so i'll try that out. hopefully i'll have some success.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

i might go out and get some more strikers because the one it came with isnt verygood. i dont like using wood ones.
Try a Mystic Stik by Woodswise on that call

Quick Reply: Primos Calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.