Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 ? for Indian Creek choke users >

? for Indian Creek choke users

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

? for Indian Creek choke users

Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? for Indian Creek choke users

I'm really seriously contemplating about getting an IC Black Diamond choke. Has anyone used one with an 870 super mag SPS-T12 ga.with a 23 inch barrel? If so, what loads have been best for you? I normally shoot Rem. Hevi shot magnums, but they stopped making them a couple years ago. I still have a box and a half of them. I also went and bought a box of Win. Supreme elite Xtended. Went to Academy tonight and found some Hevi 13's in the bronze, so I got some while they had them. Just about every Hevi 13 you find around here are the green ones, which don't shoot worth a flip in my gun using a Jellyhead choke. BTW, I shoot 3 1/2 inch. I have heard really good things about the IC choke here, so I thought I may just give it a try.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ? for Indian Creek choke users

i have one in my spst supermag i have just tried it a couple times.i shot a win supreme 3.5 with 2.25 ou of #5s and a rem #6 in 3.5 with 2.25 ou at 55 yards i got 65 pellots in a 16 in square box.i havent got around to trying my hevi shot yet all i have tried was lead.but i did notice a noticeable amount that the choke remover the recoil,it dont jump like it used to.i hope this helps you.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have the Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #6 load you should get a killer pattern with the Indian Creek choke.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I'm really seriously contemplating about getting an IC Black Diamond choke. Has anyone used one with an 870 super mag SPS-T12 ga.with a 23 inch barrel? If so, what loads have been best for you? I normally shoot Rem. Hevi shot magnums, but they stopped making them a couple years ago. I still have a box and a half of them. I also went and bought a box of Win. Supreme elite Xtended. Went to Academy tonight and found some Hevi 13's in the bronze, so I got some while they had them. Just about every Hevi 13 you find around here are the green ones, which don't shoot worth a flip in my gun using a Jellyhead choke. BTW, I shoot 3 1/2 inch. I have heard really good things about the IC choke here, so I thought I may just give it a try.
You will have no trouble with Indian Creek chokes. If you liked the Rem. Hevi shot then you will like the (Bronze) Hevi 13 because the same company was the same supplier for the Rem hevi shot I'm not up on the 3.5 shells because I don't believe you need them. The 3 in shells work great out of the .665 and are hard to beat...

Old 01-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has the same Remington 870 you talked about, but has the 26" barrel, and using a standared Remington super full turkey choke with Winchester Suprems #5 and is deadly out to nearly 50 yards.

Myself I use a Mossberg 835 and I was using the factory turkey choke with the same ammo as my friend, and I was getting really good results. After the 2008 turkey season I did some research and brought myself a Indian Creek Choke for my 835, I talked to the people there (very nice) and they told me to use the HeviShot 13, 2.25oz, #5, I should get excellent results. I just got two boxes as no one in my area has them, the only place that did have them was Cabelas, within a month I will go and pattern this ammo
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg

If you have the Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #6 load you should get a killer pattern with the Indian Creek choke.
Like Hurricane said, This is the combo for your gun, You will likely be shooting around 200 hits inside 10" @40 yds. Its a deadly combo.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Just got my IC choke not too long ago, as soon as I can find the correct hevi shot loads that I want I'll be taking it to the patterning board. I'll post up some pics when I do

Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may pic one up... I'm shooting a Rem SPT super mag with a Jellyhead .665 with the Hevi 13 1 3/4oz load and I'm gettinf great patterns at 40 yards... Havent tryed them past 40 yet...