Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

BAIT HUNTING TURKEYS

Old 01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default BAIT HUNTING TURKEYS

As the laws are different in each state I am interested in knowing how many are foror againsthuntingturkeys over bait.

Me I see no sport in it, after all it's called Hunting not Shooting. Just my opinion.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: BAIT HUNTING TURKEYS

Im against it. Call em in I say. More excitement...
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just call them in, same way with baiting deer, learn to HUNT them.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't do it... Not legal here. Wouldn't do it if it was, but I'm not gonna take anything away from someone who kills one over bait as long as it's taken legally and ethically.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal here in indiana but would not do it anyway,although when i first started
Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 AM

Illegal here in Nebraska also. My own opinion its anunethicallazy way to hunt no matter what the game is, deer, hogs, whatever. Its one thing to have out feeders during winter months in the north to help the game through severe winter conditions, but do hunt over feeders or feed is another.

Only exception that I might have is in bear hunting and the use of bait stations there.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know some states it legal for deer but i cant think of any state where its legal for turkey.
plus i wouldn't do it if it was.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NeSandhills

Illegal here in Nebraska also. My own opinion its anunethicallazy way to hunt no matter what the game is, deer, hogs, whatever. Its one thing to have out feeders during winter months in the north to help the game through severe winter conditions, but do hunt over feeders or feed is another.

Only exception that I might have is in bear hunting and the use of bait stations there.

So, what makes killing these over baitunethical and lazy, compared to killing a bear over bait?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I don't do it... Not legal here. Wouldn't do it if it was, but I'm not gonna take anything away from someone who kills one over bait as long as it's taken legally and ethically.
agreed, i would rather call them in than shoot them over bait...but everyone hunts there own way...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the the guy who baits all year and says he stops a week before the season... Yea right

Quick Reply: BAIT HUNTING TURKEYS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.