Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Who's got the itch already?!? >

Who's got the itch already?!?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who's got the itch already?!?

Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who's got the itch already?!?

Ok well I need to correct myself... I always have the itch to turkey hunt... it just happens to be superseded by archery hunting season, and then firearms deer hunting season...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I was talking turkey with a guy that got his first last year,I told him thathe hadnowjoined a group that hasan affliction that thereis no cute for only a brief remission each spring while hunting. Deer hunting is something I do each fall, turkey hunting is something that as soon as the season closes each springI start planning for,dreaming about next year.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Found out on the MNDNR website that I was succesful again this season in the draw. I was hoping to get one more nephew addicted this year, but he was unsuccessful in the draw. His first season to apply my 4th tag in a row. Not sure how that works. Hopefully we can find a leftover over the counter tag that will work. It's time to break out the calls and do some scouting.Spring is right around the corner.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Toms were strutting and gobbling yesterday. Only 60 more days untill opening day.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

I've definately got the itch. The other day I couldn't help myself. I broke out the calls and started practicing. I checked my clothes and reminded myself that I have to get some more shells before this season. This warm weather really reminds me of the coming spring!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang ksfowler! You're avatar just made my heart skip a beat!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uhh...is this a trick question? Here's my answer
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
G92
Fork Horn

I got it
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

I know I sure do! I accidently knocked my vest of the hanger tonight while grabbing for my jacket. I just had to pull my Lil' Duece friction call out and rack off a couple notes. Music to my ears!!!
I do.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3267735

I had to wait out the last two seasons, from going back to school.
I have the ich real bad.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got through lining upa hunt in south Texas for the opening weekend, March 21-22. I've been seeing some turkeys on my property throughout the deer season. Looks like it may be a good year. My home season starts March 28.Duck season is now over, so my full attention is towards turkeys. I had a great deer and duck season, but it's turkey time, and I'm starting to itch all over. I'll probably go out this weekend and see if I can hear any gobbling. It's a little early yet, but its been warm down here, so I figured they may heat up a little earlier than usual. I can't wait to hear that first gobble. Hopefully I'll hear it this weekend.

Quick Reply: Who's got the itch already?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.