Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 important issues in Fall turkey >

important issues in Fall turkey

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

important issues in Fall turkey

Old 10-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default important issues in Fall turkey

Guys, I'm in the middle of shooting a Fall turkey hunting DVD for the beginner.I'm out everyday shooting film and trying to cover what I can. What are some of the issues that should be forwarded to the beginner about this type of hunting ?

Thanks for the help,
back to the woods
Adrian
Old 10-22-2008, 07:09 AM

Default RE: important issues in Fall turkey

I am a rookie. So, speaking from a rookie's point of view...
We don't have a huge turkey population where I live. I've only seen a few turkeys in the wild. I don't know their 'thinking'. Teach about where the turkey is coming from & what will attract them to the hunter. Then how the hunter should attract them. I don't understand turkey hunting, but, would love to go on a turkey hunt. I went ona couplein Kentucky, but, was with a friend that talked all the time. Obviously we didn't get a whole lot done. I saw the back side of some turkeys running away from us LOL.
I understand deer and know what season they're in when I go to hunt them. I understand rut for a deer and pre rut, etc. I'd like to understand turkeys like I understand deer.