Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Boat Paddle calls?

Old 03-23-2003, 10:04 AM

Default Boat Paddle calls?

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck striking birds with boat paddle style boxes? I' m thinking about getting a Spring Fever long box from Close Calls. They' re beautiful, and they might be just the ticket to yank a gobble out of un-talkative longbeards!

If you use one, who makes it?

PBB
Old 03-23-2003, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Boat Paddle calls?

I would not go to the woods without my paddle call. I started carrying a Neil Cost paddle call in the spring of ' 85 and have been hooked ever since. I don' t carry my Cost call any more for obvious reasons, now I use a Lamar Williams paddle call. Paddle calls vary greatly in sound quality. I would not buy one without at least hearing it first.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:22 PM

Boat Paddels are great! Don' t leave home without one!

Old 03-23-2003, 04:07 PM

Once the gobbling has stopped or you' ve heard no gobbling,they can be your best weapon.

A must.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:51 PM

I would never be caught without mine. It`s the 1 call that seems to strike birds when all else fails.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been wanting a nice big boat paddle myself. But where do you find them? Hardly see them around in local stores, much less cabelas or redhead. Even considered trying to make one myself.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:16 PM

how would u go about doing that? making one that is. who_else
Old 03-24-2003, 05:08 AM

BuckAlley,

Go to www.midwestturkeycall.com , they have over a dozen paddle box calls, custom and production both. Hope this helps.

PBB
Old 03-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I don' t leave home without one of my Lamar Williams paddle boxes unless there is a chance of rain and I don' t want to ruin one. I also just bought a couple of Tony Reynolds calls which are also very nice.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:04 PM

Does anyone have anymore places from which to order a quality paddle call? I have looked at the sites listed, just would like to see a few more. Both production and custom sites would be great. Thanks

Quick Reply: Boat Paddle calls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.