Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

collapsable seats

Old 03-18-2003, 06:34 PM

Default collapsable seats

What do you all think about the collapsable seats. There is one at wally world made by Hunters Specialties. It was 19.99 Do any of you all use them. I was watching the cutt' n & Stutt' n video and almost every one on there was using them. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:38 PM

Default RE: collapsable seats

Personally they are too bulky for me to carry around. I cover alot of ground, so i like to be streamlined and light, although I always seem to pack too much stuff.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:24 AM

If you are talking about the short web seated seat with the two short legs and two long legs they are great. I forget what they are called. (old age you know).
Very comfortable, light and easy.[:-]
Old 03-19-2003, 07:19 AM

Not to bad to carry helps a lot when your old and your legs dont bend so good any more good investment
Old 03-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

they are awesome. They keep you off the cool, dewy ground, which is a major plus.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up the fixed leg model last spring from H.S.Strut, and I loved it except for us " BIG" guys the legs seem to sink into the ground!! LOL!! So this year I picked up their folding leg model for $19.95 as well and this model has the side bar' s which are welded and will prevent the seat fromsinking in to far compared to the fixed leg model!! With the shoulder strap that comes with this seat, you hardly know it' s with you. One things for sure, after several mornings sitting on your vest seat cushion, your tailbone gets sore pretty darn quick!! This H.S. Strut turkey seat is the most comfortable seat going!! You won' t be sorry for getting one!!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:30 PM

I use the fixed-leg model. It' s perfect for early morning set-ups, but I usually ditch it at midmorning when it' s time to run and gun. Really a good investment.

PBB
Old 03-19-2003, 07:45 PM

the ones that are made in the vests i think are good enough, but if ur too big, then maybe you should get one. who_else
Old 03-20-2003, 05:37 AM

Get one for sure. I just bought one of the folding leg models from Game tracker, It is identical except for color to the one made by H.S. Strut (probably made in the same place). It is probably the best $20 I ever spent besides my new undertaker choke. It makes the problem of having that root sticking in your butt nonexistant.