Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 ??Who' s going out this weekend?? >

??Who' s going out this weekend??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

??Who' s going out this weekend??

Old 03-13-2003, 05:46 PM

Default ??Who' s going out this weekend??

We are supposed to have beautiful, warm weather here in the Midwest this weekend. I' m going out on my first scouting venture of the season to listen for renegade gobbles! Just hope the wind isn' t blowing too hard at daybreak so I can hear down the creek bottom further. I know some of you guy' s seasons open this weekend but for the rest of us unfortunate souls, who besides me is going to shake off the cabin fever and go out to scout ' em this Saturday or Sunday??
Old 03-13-2003, 05:55 PM

Default RE: ??Who' s going out this weekend??

I' m gonna try to get out and scout a litlle. THe weather here is horrible (windy and sideways rain)[:@] Oh well anytime i can get out in the woods is better than not being out.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I' m going to go out and look around some this Sunday. Right now they are calling for 52 and a chance of rain here in north central Mn. That 52 is a heat wave for us this time of year. Just got to get out and start scouting!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:03 PM

Our season comes in on Saturday, so yea, I' ll be there. I' m starting to shake already. I can' t wait.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:02 AM

It may rain a little here in the Sunshine State, But last year that is when I had the most luck shooting the Gobblers is right after the rain. I plan on going on out Saturday morning, I' ve done spotted three Jakes and a nice Long Beard Osceola.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:46 AM

I will be out there Sat. morning.I have been out every morning this week,and have not heard a bird.they are just not talking very good.
hope they will get going this week.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:06 AM

I' ll be out there tomorrow. Its our two week private land season opener. I only have a couple of small pieces of private land to hunt so the chances of getting one will be small, but not impossible. I' ll be there regardless.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:16 AM

I' m going to the hills tonight and taking my 4 year old son with me. We' re going to get up in the morning and do some scouting and listening. It' s supposed to be really pretty weather so maybe ol boss tom will be sounding off. Can' t wait.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

It' s gonna be in the 60' s tomorrow here in SW Pa, so I' m gonna be up and out listenin' first thing in the morning............hopefully at least hear some fly down, then go find out where they' re eating/strutting this year. Hopefully the same as the past couple years. Then I' m goin home, and drag out the 870 with new choke and freshly mounted Leupold 1x-4x and jar my teeth loose and hopefully not bust my eyebrow. I even planned ahead..........rented some dvd' s for my woman to watch all day and stay occupied so she' ll leave me alone!!
Old 03-14-2003, 01:20 PM

Yeah, supposed to be high 50' s here in western NY, so I' ll be getting out Sunday morning to hopefully hear the first gobbles of the season for me. I got a hen all fired up last tuesday around noon while out back practicing my mouth call. But sunday will be the first time I' ll be out at daybreak with conditions good enough to hear them gobbling. Good Luck to ya' ll with the opener this weekend. I' m jealous. Another month and a half for us[X(]. J