Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Eye glass wearers.............. >

Eye glass wearers..............

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Eye glass wearers..............

Old 03-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eye glass wearers..............

Now that I' m getting older, my eyes aren' t what they were when I was younger. I find myself wearing my glasses more now for distance. I was wondering what you can put onto the glass to keep it from fogging up? I read about this stuff in Cabela' s called " Parker' s Perfect" , and it supposedly will prevent this from happening. What do the rest of you eye glass wears use?
Old 03-07-2003, 11:42 PM

Default RE: Eye glass wearers..............

windex
Old 03-08-2003, 07:01 AM

I was just told last week when I got my new lens to NEVER put any kind of glass cleaner on your lens, unless of course it was made for glasses. And I just thought, well maybe that' s why I' m having to buy new ones.Anyway I can' t see how anything could stop it from happening when you have the mask on and the hat pulled as far down as possible,It keeps all the mousture trapped close to your glasses. And besides that they SHINE. I' ve been busted every time I were mine. I know people were them and kill turkeys so help us out here.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Spike

I' ve been wearing glasses 42 years and they are nothing but a pain when hunting. I fixed the problem with contac lenses.
However, I' ll try to explain the best solution I came up with while wearing my glasses. I used clear liquid soap on the lenses, a small single drop on either side of the lense and remove the excess. Now, here' s how I took care of the reflection off of the lenses. Get you a mess camo material amd cut it to fit and cover you lenses. Slit a hole in each end of the mesh and slip over the frame that goes behind the ears. Make sure the material pulls tight across the lenses. Then take your regular face mask and cut an opening around the eyes. The mess across the lenses will disappear from your vision (like putting you nose against a window screen and it disappears) but will reduce the reflection of your glasses. I hope this helps.[8D]
Old 03-08-2003, 08:03 AM

I used to use a Gamespotter Hat/Mask combo from Mossy Oak and my glasses always fogged up so I went back to the mesh material for a mask.

Now I' m seriously thinking about contact lenses, not just because of the fogging problem, but for binocular use, AND I can go back to wearing cool sunglasses. [8D]

Never had a problem with spooking birds though. I always wear my hat brim low to cast a shadow over the specs.

NOW I need to make that Dr' s appointment. Turkey season is coming up FAST!
Old 03-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the eye-glass cleaner that is sold by the eye doctor. You shouldn' t use windex on eye glasses. Water works good too with soft tissues
Old 03-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

You guys must all have anti-hunting eye doctors! LOL

Lenses that have anti-reflective & anti-glare coating on them have been in existance for years. I just got some new version a couple years back and even when I am in the sun, or bright indoor lighting, you can' t see my lenses except for an occasional green tint. (Perfect for the woods.)

Fog... Live with it. If there is a way to stop it, I sure don' t know about it. I' ve heard about using shaving cream and all of that crap, but it never worked for me. I wear my hat pulled down low with a face mask on when hunting turkey. (I am a warm-blooded fat man to boot.) I never have problems with lenses fogging when I am just sitting though. (Only when moving and shortly after moving.) All I can say is don' t run & gun so much to get those glasses fogged up in the first place. LOL

Frames, I wear those crazy flexible titanium frames (in a brown color). The kind that you can wrap all around your finger and when you let go they just snap right back into their original shape. This has saved me from needing new glasses several times when hunting as I' ve had my glasses ripped right off my face when walking through thick brush etc.

Tell your eye doctor about your specific needs and they just might surprise you. Either that or they will give you junk and call you " animal killer" when you leave. LOL
Old 03-08-2003, 10:42 AM

The reason I got lasik surgery three years ago was foggy glasses. My buddys got way drunk the night before the opening of turkey season and threw my alarm out so got up at almost dawn and ran up a big hill to a roosted bird. He flew down right in front of me but I couldn' t see my barrel due to foggy specs. I let him walk. I now have 20/20 but can' t read without specs so there is a tradeoff. I would say the anti fog wipes are what you want. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

They sell anti-fog glasses cleaner at Wal-Mart. About 2 bucks. Don' t put up with fogging. There are plenty of anti-fog applications out there, call you eyeglass shop if you can' t find it at Wally World.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:23 PM

Those anti fog applications help alot. I used them alot when I use to play paintball alot and my protective face mask got so fogged up that I got nailed to way to often. I fixed the problem and became quite the sniper with that .68 caliber.
On cold days I can make my paintball hit a person hiding behind a tree. Wish I could do that with a gobbler!

Quick Reply: Eye glass wearers..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.