Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hello everyone!!

Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hello everyone!!

Hello everyone!!! I' m a new member to HuntingNet, which is a really great site!!!!
I am also new to hunting as well. My first hunting experience was last turkey season, spring 2002! Didn' t get a bird!!! My brother wanted me to start hunting and we went turkey hunting last year together, that was our first time turkey hunting!! It was one wet weekend, rained to whole weekend...!!! Didn' t get to scout before the hunt either!!! We only had that one weekend to hunt also!! This year we plan to hunt as much as we can!!

This year we were hunting rabbits and seen alot of turkeys, to bad they weren' t rabbits...!!! We are hoping to do some scouting soon!! Can anyone give us some hunting tips or strategies to get those gobblers?? What should we do and what should we not do?? What are some calls we should have?? We have a slate call, which we used last year!! Any help will be great!!!

Thanks,
the_outlaw
Old 03-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hello everyone!!

welcome to huntingnet
Old 03-05-2003, 12:08 PM

Read everything you can about turkey hunting and review this site alot. Ive been
turkeyhunting for 20 plus years and I still learn alot from these die hards. IVe probally learned more on this site than out of any turkey magazine.
My advice: collect several turkey calls. box calls and friction calls tend to be easier
calls to start with. Dont call too much or too loud. And remember, Gobblers dont always gobble when they are coming to you. Very important, read about turkey
behavior so you will understand the different phases of a turkeys day. Same as you would learn the habits of deer for deer hunting. (different phases of the rut,
where they should be at different times of the day etc.) Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your hunting. (I' ll let some of the pros go into more details)
Old 03-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum,, this is a great place to learn, join right in and ask away...BT
Old 03-05-2003, 02:03 PM

Welcome to the board. There' s a lot of turkey nuts here. Ask and you' ll get answers.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:59 PM

Oh, ya GOTTA collect as many calls as possible! That' s half the fun of it all.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to have you in the " club" . If you frequent the site, you' ll learn a lot.
These guys are a mother lode of info.
Hunter' s General Warning. Turkey hunting can be very addictive. Studies have found it to be hazardous to some lifestyles, especially during the spring months.
Hearing a gobble can induce spasms, elevated heart rate, drooling, itchy fingers, and strange turkey sounds to unconsciously eminate from your mouth and other less well documented side effects. Wallets tend to become slimmer.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy Outlaw,Welcome to the flock.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:50 PM

WELCOME TO THE SITE. IF THERE IS ONE PIECE OF ADVISE TO GIVE TO A NEW TURKEY HUNTER IT WOULD BE TO PATIENT...PATIENT....PATIENT......MORE THAN I TEND TO BE
Old 03-05-2003, 03:58 PM

Hey Outlaw, welcome to the strut zone!! This is the best place going to learn about them wily old gobblers. You' ll get a lot of good advice here. Great to have you!

MTT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.