Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Fall Turkey Hunting Styles >

Fall Turkey Hunting Styles

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall Turkey Hunting Styles

Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fall Turkey Hunting Styles

i was curious what you all do to find fall turkeys. I go for a walk around the property im allowed to hunt and hope to stumble upon them, or i sit where i think they will walk.

what are your ways?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fall Turkey Hunting Styles

In Missouri, when you buy your bow tags you get two turkey tags too. So basically, if I get to my stand and they are roosting I put out some calls and hope I get a hen or tom to come in. Last year I took a hen who was searching for me and year before called in 7 toms. So I guess you can say, I hunt deer and if a turkey comes in so be it.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

in kansas the turkeyflocks can easily exceed 100 so you have to have them patterned to sit and wait, spot and stock or something cause they won't come your way come your way because of your decoys or calling, though i wouldn't rule it out. still it isn't too hard to hunt them.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

i admittedly don't take fall turkey hunting too serious, i'm usually more worried about bow hunting deer. When i do go fall turkey hunting i go to this one place we call "the knoll" where they always roost, find a comfortable spot to sit down and wait for them to hopefully come to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'll do it all other than just sitting in tree stand and hunt them. Calling, decoys orspot& stalking is how tend to do allmy fall hunting and only with a bow.No hens,jennys or jakes for me, just long beards.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:37 PM

I feed them starting in July up until the day before fall season. Corn is the way to go.

Feed them and they will come...No calls attached.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonnafall hunt turkeys more this year than have in the past.Bow season comes in Oct 15 so I'll deer hunt from then until gun season/fall turkey season comes in, then I'll start goin after turkeys. Early gun seasonis usually pretty warm and I don't see much action untillateDecember and January.While I'm in the bow woods I'll keep an out for where and when they feed, try and get em patterned, shouldn't be too hard. After that it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. No calls,just patience.Not as fun as spring, but there's nothing like a WILD Thanksgiving turkey on the table!