Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Truglo red dot scope

Old 06-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Truglo red dot scope

Whats everyones opinions on Truglo scopes? Have u had any experience with them? Im looking for a scope for my 835 and when I went to Cabelas a few weeks ago, I found one I thought was a really nice scope. It was a Truglo 2X30mm Red Dot. When I picked it up it feltvery durable. I also liked the 2X magnification, which I thought would be perfect for turkeys. The guy working said it would handle 3.5" turkey loads. What do you think? Thanks in advance for any info you have.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Truglo red dot scope

Nothing wrong with any red dots...problem is, sometimes I forgot to turn it on !! Took it off and put a 1-4 on it and never regretted it for a second..
Old 06-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think i might check Gander Mountain this weekend and see if they have one. If they do, ill probably be picking one up.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 AM

I gave the Tru Glo's 3 chances, the first one would not hold a zero, the 2nd starting leaking, and the 3rd broke inside the scope where one of the windage adjustment knobs attaches to the inside. I won't use them again. If you want to get in touch with me, E:mail me or PM me and I will give you the name of a scope that is used by the Military and is the most rugged durable scope I have ever seen for shotgun. But if not, the Tru Glo is not durable enough to take the beating of 3.5" shells.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats good to hear that lol. Because I actually just bought a Mueller MX1 red dot. Though i havent shot with it yet, it seems to be a very nice scope. The guy at Gander Mountain said of all the red dots they had there, the Mueller was the best one to get for turkey hunting because of the quality and how it stays zeroed in after 3.5" shots.