Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pa public land gobblers

Old 02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa public land gobblers

I would like to try my luck on some pressured Pa gobblers. I would like to hunt in the mid to up part of the state on a large track of state forest. Can anybody point me in the right direction>>>--------->
Old 02-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa public land gobblers

E-mail me, I hunt central PA on state land and private land. I think I talked to you before about hunting Green Ridge State forest. Shoot me an e-mail and I would be glad to show ya around some public land. [email protected]
Old 02-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mr. Longbeard, I moved back to PA within the last year and was planning on trying my luck with the game lands in Nockamixon state park. It is in the north/northwest corner of Bucks County. If you are interested shoot me an email and we can try to get together (my email is in my profile). I' m about 45 minutes from northeast MD.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

most state gamelands seem to get hunted hard...we used to hike about 2 miles back and people STILL came back there and messed up our hunts...in 4 years of hunting there we took one bird...seen many...just not the right shots offered for my likings...and many come in silent..once they hear us call they gobble a few times and shut up...then it takes forever for them to come and you think they didnt come and get up and BAM your busted...its definently a challenge..good luck...
Old 02-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t know Pa. had anythin but pressured birds.Even birds on private ground here get harrassed pretty hard.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Every now and then Jim you can find that little honey hole where the turks come a runnin....you know what I mean.....lol

Squeeze the trigger don' t pull it...LOL
Old 03-01-2003, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t know that PA had any Private Ground ! man where have I been !...BT
Old 03-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Spike

Be careful around Nockamixon, it gets a lot of pressure. Someone got shot there last year. Typical yo-yo tring to stalk a turkey and not identifing what he was shooting at. Be safe.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not hunted Nockamixon though it is not that far from me. I have heard about hunting pressure down there though.

My goal for this spring season is to head up into the poconos...find a nice lake with plenty of state land on the non-access side and canoe across it early in the morning.

Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Pa public land gobblers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.