HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Pa public land gobblers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/24900-pa-public-land-gobblers.html)

Mr. Longbeard 02-27-2003 04:54 PM

Pa public land gobblers

I would like to try my luck on some pressured Pa gobblers. I would like to hunt in the mid to up part of the state on a large track of state forest. Can anybody point me in the right direction>>>--------->

bosstom3 02-27-2003 05:19 PM

RE: Pa public land gobblers

E-mail me, I hunt central PA on state land and private land. I think I talked to you before about hunting Green Ridge State forest. Shoot me an e-mail and I would be glad to show ya around some public land. [email protected]

HuntingBry 02-28-2003 02:24 PM

Mr. Longbeard, I moved back to PA within the last year and was planning on trying my luck with the game lands in Nockamixon state park. It is in the north/northwest corner of Bucks County. If you are interested shoot me an email and we can try to get together (my email is in my profile). I' m about 45 minutes from northeast MD.

Deleted User 02-28-2003 04:40 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

mauser06 02-28-2003 05:46 PM

most state gamelands seem to get hunted hard...we used to hike about 2 miles back and people STILL came back there and messed up our hunts...in 4 years of hunting there we took one bird...seen many...just not the right shots offered for my likings...and many come in silent..once they hear us call they gobble a few times and shut up...then it takes forever for them to come and you think they didnt come and get up and BAM your busted...its definently a challenge..good luck...

jalvja 02-28-2003 06:39 PM

I didn' t know Pa. had anythin but pressured birds.Even birds on private ground here get harrassed pretty hard.

bosstom3 03-01-2003 05:54 AM

Every now and then Jim you can find that little honey hole where the turks come a runnin....you know what I mean.....lol

Squeeze the trigger don' t pull it...LOL :D

Adrian J Hare 03-01-2003 06:08 AM

I didn' t know that PA had any Private Ground ! man where have I been !:D...BT

BearMt 03-01-2003 09:51 AM

Be careful around Nockamixon, it gets a lot of pressure. Someone got shot there last year. Typical yo-yo tring to stalk a turkey and not identifing what he was shooting at. Be safe.

PABowhntr 03-01-2003 10:34 AM

I have not hunted Nockamixon though it is not that far from me. I have heard about hunting pressure down there though.

My goal for this spring season is to head up into the poconos...find a nice lake with plenty of state land on the non-access side and canoe across it early in the morning.

Any suggestions?