Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 02-26-2003, 02:11 PM

Default RE: What triggers gobbling activity?

Who cooks for you, who cooks for you, who cooks for you alllllll!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 03:17 PM

toms get horny, after going all year without, id gobble to!( sorry i coulnt help myself )
Old 02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-26-2003, 07:22 PM

I know what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn' t you gobble if you had to wait upwards of 10 months to get to be with one of them there female gender of your species!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are too much I' ve always heard length of day too. Somethin I' ve been keepin an eye on.I' m sure you have all experienced birds gobblin their head off one day and the same birds dead silent the next day.last year I was tryin to see if there was a relation between gobblin activity and the barometric pressure.What do you guys think?
Old 02-27-2003, 02:45 PM

barrometric pressure? that sounds like you might have something. i have a dog that is scared of thunderstorms, he hides in the basement when theres one overhead. but he also acts very weird when theres one 50 mi away too. we cant hear the thunder, but maybe he can. hes also scared of bubble rap- no joke- i think ill see what kind of " mood" hes in as i leave for hunting this spring, and ill compare his actions to your theory. it seems to make sence. in the meantime im gonna teach him how to gobble
Old 02-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have been having mild sunny days here lately and there has been a lot more activity with the toms .I saw three large bunches of toms today while on my way to town . April 15 is not just tax day here it is also opening day .
Old 02-27-2003, 07:14 PM

I think legnth of days (photo period) is what brings the whole thing on. As far as gobbling one day and not the next, that could be several things. One thing I' m sure of is that photo period causes birds to moult and migrate.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

In deer hunting, it' s the decrease in light in the eye of the deer that causes the rut to start, in turkey hunting, it' s the " increase" in the light in their eye that triggers the mating process!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.