Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fan Mount w/o beard?

Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fan Mount w/o beard?

Hey guys, I shot my bird on April 22 this year and have been drying out the fan and beard ever since. Just this week i was going to mount it. Well, SOMEHOW my cat got a hold of the beard. I was pretty upset considering this beard was shaped kinda different and I really wanted it mounted. The fan it still alright. I've been kinda trying to put the beard back together but I just dont know if its going to work. Would you guys think it would look bad if I still mounted the fan and had to leave out the beard? Thanksin advancefor any advice you have.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Fan Mount w/o beard?

Every considered mounting your cat.[:@]

Is the beard in pieces or just in strands?

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Hey guys, I shot my bird on April 22 this year and have been drying out the fan and beard ever since. Just this week i was going to mount it. Well, SOMEHOW my cat got a hold of the beard. I was pretty upset considering this beard was shaped kinda different and I really wanted it mounted. The fan it still alright. I've been kinda trying to put the beard back together but I just dont know if its going to work. Would you guys think it would look bad if I still mounted the fan and had to leave out the beard? Thanksin advancefor any advice you have.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:13 AM

you have all year to work on the beard ie. if it not to damaged or you may just want to mount it as is and live with another story to tell. but most of all i would still use the beard

first of all i would pray next find a good pet cemetery LOL But i know its not funny and i wish you all the luck whatever you end up doing!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

no you dont need the beard with the fan. we have over 45 fan only mounts in my house
Old 05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i generally do the opposite, but i dont think a fan without a beard would look bad, besides you have a ligit story to explain why the beard was missing if anyone complains
Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackjeep04

Every considered mounting your cat.[:@]

Is the beard in pieces or just in strands?

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Its in strands.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Mostturkey mounts call to either glue or staple your beard an inch on the plaque. Maybe you can gather the strands and glue one end and staple it to the board. Do you have a picture of your prize? If so add that to the decor.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

no you dont need the beard with the fan. we have over 45 fan only mounts in my house
Yeah.......... Me too.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

cut off an empty shotgun shell at the brass. gather up all you strands. fill the brass with gorilla glue. let it sit till it begins expanding and gets tacky. insert your strands into the gorilla glue. you may have to babysit it for a while .

it will cut down on your overall beard length but it will be salvaged!

good luck!

moose
Old 05-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well right now I'm going piece by piece trying to put this thing back together. The hard part is that at the bottom it kinda has a J-shape to it, so each strand HAS to go a certain way. I'll be a certified taxidermist when im done with this thing...

Quick Reply: Fan Mount w/o beard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.