Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any egg suppliers?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:12 AM

Default Any egg suppliers?

Im lookint to put some turkey down in my shoot in the UK, does anyone know of any egg producers that ship worldwide?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Any egg suppliers?

The best I can help you is try to Google Wild turkey Egg Production. I know of no state that will ship actual wild turkey eggs.

Or send a letter to the National Wild Turkey Federation - www.NWTF.org

I do know there are a few hunt clubs in my area that raise a sort of wild turkey and is a bird released for a customer to hunt. Where they get their chicks or eggs from I do not know.

JW

Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM

Go online to McMurrayhatchery.com Ibelieve they have an eastern strain and possibly rio but not sure and theysell the chicks for sure and maybe the eggs.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use McMurray and Stromburgs but mainly use Stromburgs. They have Easterns ($135per 15 poults)and Rio Grande ($190 per 15) poults, they also ship eggs but dont guarantee eggs.The biggestproblem your going to haveI dont think any hatcheries ship birds or eggs outside the US.

http://www.strombergschickens.com/stock/gamebirds.php#turkey
Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are these actual Wild Turkeys? I thought it was illegal to have in possession Wild Turkeys to raise or release. I would love to be able to release actual Wild Turkeys, not aWild-domestic strain,on my property, but I don't think it's legal in Louisiana. I know you can't release domestic turkeys in the wild in Louisiana.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM

You might get together with fellow sportsmen and Government and get them stocked.I know New Zeland had this done years ago.