Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

GobbCaller

Old 02-21-2003, 05:38 PM

Default GobbCaller

It saddens me greatly, to inform all of you that Gobbcaller is no longer with us. Mike left us Monday night. It was something he chose to do. I’m not sure how to word it delicately. I thought a lot of you folks would like to know. I know he had many friends here.

Mike was the best friend that I will ever have. We knew each other for more than ten years. Spring will never be the same with out him. Mike was my turkey hunting soul mate. He is the one who talked me into giving turkey hunting a try. Mike is the one that showed me the the ropes. He taught me how to use each call, and told me all of his tricks and strategies. I thank him for giving me the gift of turkey hunting and showing me the great out doors in the springtime. Someday I hope to pass all he has taught me down to my children. And they will know who Mike was. He was one heck of a guy; every one who got to know him loved him. He always had a way with words and a way of looking at things that made things seem so easy to understand. Mike would always tell me every spring on one of our first trips into the spring woods that Listening to the gobblers sound off and watching the woods come alive was medicine for the soul.
Some of Mikes close friends and myself spent Wednesday afternoon with his Mother and Father. They are doing as good as one could expect. I printed off a copy of one of Mike’s last posts (Spring is Coming) and gave it to them. His send off is Saturday afternoon; his parents asked me if I would send him off with some turkey calling. I believe a few his friends will join in with some calling also. There will be Turkey feathers in the flower bouquets, and a few of his favorite calls are going with him. I am thankful I got the chance to know him, I sure will miss him.

If any one wants to send his family their condolences the address is

Allan and Corrine Luer
208 West Parker Street
Prairie Farm, WI 54762

Mike also has two sisters Renee and Nikki.

Jerry
Old 02-21-2003, 05:50 PM

Default RE: GobbCaller

Jerry,I am deeply saddened by this news.I never got the chance to meet Mike but I considered him a friend.I was always amazed at his ability to put his thoughts into words through many of his posts on here.My deepest sympathy goes out to you and to Mike' s family.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry , I' m more than Stunned here , My Heart is out to his Family and We at Huntingnet Turkey Forum will saddly miss him and his Professional Input in this sport we all enjoy. ...His friend ,Adrian/BT
Old 02-21-2003, 05:56 PM

prayers on the way
Old 02-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry, this has taken me for a complete loss. Mike was one of a million in my book as well. I can' t believe this has happened, and I' m deeply saddened by your news. PLease send me a E-mail, Mike has always mentioned you to me in all our conversations, and I can' t imagine the loss that you must feel at this moment in time. My prayers go out to Mike, his family and to you Jerry. This board has lost a true friend and turkey hunter par excellence!! He will be surely missed. Here is a pic that I saved that Mike posted earlier of a very nice WI gobbler while hunting with his buddy Jerry!! That is Mike on the left. I' ll miss you my friend!!

Old 02-21-2003, 06:00 PM

My Condolences to his family & friends
Old 02-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t know what to say.Mike and I never met in person but I considered him a very good friend.He was a hell of a guy and he will surely be missed.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:15 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and to all who knew him on the forum. May God bless.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Must say I' m stunned and greatly saddend by the news.I never meet the man,But it was always a plesure to read his posts.My prayers go out to his family and freinds. May he rest in peace.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:56 PM

Like everyone on this board, I enjoyed his reading his posts. Gobbcaller had an inspirational presence on this board. May god bless him, his family and friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.