Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Day One, No Fun!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Day One, No Fun!

The first day started like most for me ProcrastantionLast Min. getting things ready, Oh, I was in the woods by 5:30 A.M. Forgot, TP, Medicine, Slate Call, Box, Coffee just didn't have time to make it or buy it. Breaks day I hear 2 a long way off. So I go to the one on the Left. Walk in and get set up call and I hear him Gobble, but he sounds far off, He Gobbles once or twice more and BOOM. It was across the River or someone out of a Boat. No matter it was at least a 1/4 to a 1/2 Mile away. I been hunting Birds forever and still can't tell how far they areMaybe tomorro will be a better day. I haven't seen a bird around my house for a week. Corn is gone. And so are the Turkeys[:@]

TF
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Day One, No Fun!

i've had a frustrating year too mostly because of bad weather. oh well good luck
Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
car
Typical Buck

I only hunted for 2 hrs this morning and didn't hear a thing .
Old 04-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one gobbler going absolutley CRAZY, at like 5:30 in the morning, but he was accross the river[:@], heard 5 other toms, but I was in a blind bow hunting, and it is a pain to move, and I also had to back to school by 8:30, so I could not go after them! That was my first day of the season, hopefully tomorrow will be better!