Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey decoys

Old 02-21-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Turkey decoys

Looking for opinions on the best decoys.

I need something that packs into a small package but sets up easily and springs back into form. Reasonably priced.

thks
Old 02-21-2003, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Turkey decoys

I' m using the Sceery inflatables and love them. Just for the reasons that you stated. When deflated they ball up about the size of a baseball. Since they blow up you don' t get that nice smashed been worn in a vest too long look. The stake is made of a hard plastic with a sharp point and it goes into the ground easy. Also the stake has a female notch in it and the reciver which slides under the turkey has a male notch, this keeps the deke from spinning in the wind, it can only move 90 degrees. Of course some one will say what if you shoot them... I always tell them that I shoot the real bird Even if you do, Mr. Sceery has put patches in all the deke boxes for a just in case.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

scoob- the feather-flex decoys are light, and fold up flat. chack em out.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:33 PM

if you go for inflatables, be careful as some can have a shine to the finish. it looks unatural imo. sceereys are more dull and you can get the first generation from cabelas cheap
Old 02-21-2003, 05:51 PM

I would have to second the Feather Flex decoys for ease of portability and setup.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Spike

Just my two scents, I don' t like inflatable decoys. They are very shiney, and they take much longer to set up because you have to inflate them. And if you locate a gobbler close and need to set up quick you may be in trouble. I would recomend the decoys that open with the stake (works like an umbrella). I think buckwing makes some of the better decoys.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Hunt without decoys. It will. make a better hunter out of ya!But If u just have 2 use decoys, go with Feather Flex.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Hidden valley inflatables are by far the best (my opinion....lol). You can get them in Cabelas. They have no shine and are VERY realistic.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Turkey decoys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.