Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

owl calls

Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default owl calls

just wonderin what eveyone is using i was using shockin owl by primos but someone turned me on to the palmers hoot tube by H.S and i like that one alot (it's the plastic one) and priced well at 15 bucks at bass pro
Old 04-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Default RE: owl calls

H.S. Strut "Hoot Flute"
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Using a Primos crow call. I've never had any luck luck with an owl. Id like to try a screaming hawk call.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use to use the old HS strut owl call them i learned to do it without one and lightend my vest a little more
Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

That Palmer owl call is a good call!! He (Dale) was the guy who was winning most of the contests with his call at the NWTF Convention back in Columus, Ohio. I guess I'm lucky, because I can do an owl call with my natural voice. One less call for me to carryin my vestI reckon.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Using a Primos crow call. I've never had any luck luck with an owl. Id like to try a screaming hawk call.
My buddy swears by the screaming hawk, but I never really had any more luck with it than a crow call.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM

I used to use the primos shock and owl. Now I use the H.S. Strut Palmer hoot tube also. I have one in maple and lexan. I just think that It has a great sound.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know what mine is called. Its like a pot type owl call not a tube. It isnt as loud but the turkeys really respond to it.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

That Palmer owl call is a good call!! He (Dale) was the guy who was winning most of the contests with his call at the NWTF Convention back in Columus, Ohio. I guess I'm lucky, because I can do an owl call with my natural voice. One less call for me to carryin my vestI reckon.

I've been cupping my hands and doing that for years!Back in the 50's an oId man taught me how to make a female Bob White call with a Soda Pop cap. I also learned how to make a Hawk sound usinga blade of grass.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Back in the 50's an oId man taught me how to make a female Bob White call with a Soda Pop cap.
Would that be the 1850's or 1950's Reb?

I had to do that.

I have a Harrisons Hoot'n tube from Hooks calls and it has owl all over it. I was messin' with some jakes a couple of days ago just as they were about to fly up and I'll be they were horse by the next morning! They just absolutely had togobble everytime I blew this call at them. It's funny hearing two crackly voiced jakes act like they're 10 feet tall and bullet-proof.

Quick Reply: owl calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.