Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Y'all Southern Gobbler Hunters >

Y'all Southern Gobbler Hunters

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Y'all Southern Gobbler Hunters

Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Y'all Southern Gobbler Hunters

Is anybody using the Pretty Boy or B-Mobile type decoys WITH SUCCESS??

I know they look good, but do the boss gobblers come running and do they leave their hens to get to these decoys like the advertisements??

Do you see any difference than using standard decoys i. e. foam or rubber in past years??

Old 04-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Y'all Southern Gobbler Hunters

I hunt in fl and ga and I wouldn't use any of those decoys. just my preference and I have also seen many birds spook at the sight of a decoy like that.It can be too intimidating. I just use regular old featherflex decoys with a jake and hen setup.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 PM

I also have seen many a bird spook at the decoys.I think it has something to do with population.The more birds you have,the less they work.They worked good here 10 years ago,but with the turkey infestation,not as good.Jakes will eat them up.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

I hunt in fl and ga and I wouldn't use any of those decoys. just my preference and I have also seen many birds spook at the sight of a decoy like that.It can be too intimidating. I just use regular old featherflex decoys with a jake and hen setup.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:56 AM

I agree
Old 04-06-2008, 02:16 PM

I hunt in TN and I have seen them come running and tear the dade blame to pieces and then I have had them look at them and hang up at about 70 yards just lookin at it. We cut the beard off it and added a real one with only about 5 inches to it and use a real Jake fan and it made a big difference with the success rate with it.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:30 PM

I used mine for the first time this morning. Set Bmobile and Shemobile out on the powerline right next to a tower stand. I watched a bird come out about 500 yards away, practically run down the power line towards them, jump up and flew over the swamp that was between us and landed about 100 yards from me. The hill broke where he landed and he must have gotten hung up, cause he never topped it. It was an awsome thing to watch. If I had been on the other side of the decoys (where I knew I should have been) I probably could have closed the deal.