Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Corn

Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Corn

i just drive down the road with my gun hangin out the window and shot them next the
just like i do with deer
Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM

You can hunt with corn but only on WMA land. They have little gum ball machines full of corn you can get a hand full for a quarter.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I hunt over corn, standing corn. But I perfer a nice rye field.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: man of death

Do most of you guys hunt over corn? If so how much do you put out and will turkeys come to you if you shake the bag real hard
Don't hunt with corn haulers...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Spike

We put corn out all year but it is mostly for the hens. Spring turkey is all about the calling. The corn I put out is irrelevant. You northern guys probably think we are lame for using feeders but I challenge you to come out here and walk up on a whitetail or turkey. I just had Colorado Bob out and he said it was acallenging hunt. Hunters have been using baiting methods forever to make it easier to get game. I think the Indians started it.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 PM

Sure blame it on the native Americans...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SpurIA

Are you serious?? Wow

X2. Legal or not, turkey hunting is not turkey hunting when u have to use bait.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM
JW
Super Moderator

In the vast majority of State Turkey Hunting regualtions baiting with any grain put there for that purposeis illegal.

I find it while turkey hunting - I turn you in!

JW
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

ThAT'S IT BLAME US Indians, if you want Easier Hunting, get a #18 Tribble hook and get out 3 Grains of Corn. It must be Sweet Corn in Sea Salt water put 50 on a Troot Line and with any luck you may get 8-10 on one bait. Be sure to just cut off the breast. For fun you can try to cut the breast off while they are alive. They will not hurt you! They think it a Scalping Game we taught them may Moons ago. Another trick is to listen for dropping to hit the leaves at nightget under the Tree and Open you mouth, when you catch something like a Snail Shoot straight UP! this is for Night Hunters only! If you see NO HUNTING SIGNS pay no attention to them they are for people with out a Licenes, Oh well if you don't have go anyway its a FREE World! If you know someone who Has a ZOO it becomes easier yet shoot them while in a Cage.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: man of death
will turkeys come to you if you shake the bag real hard

Quick Reply: Corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.