Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I need help.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default I need help.

Im going to gander mountain maybe dicks this afternoon to get a new blind, was wondering what you guys used. nedd to stay under 100 bucks. thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 AM

Default RE: I need help.

I've been net searching lately but haven't found anything I liked. I'm not into these big pop up blinds. The one time I used one the wind blew it too bad and it was just too much trouble. The other day I ordered a 20' camo net. That's how we used to do it growing up. Just clip some limbs and buildmyown. I have one or two netswith the stakes already attached but they'rejust not big enough for me to bevery comfortable.I'm going to revert back to my roots once it arrives.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 AM
JW
Super Moderator

A FULL ENCLOSED OR PANEL BLIND?

Avery makes a nice 4 panel rag blind - sets-up quick - folds up quick and fits in your vest for under 25 bucks.

Just another option for you to consider.

blinds folded up - have two variations of camo color one greener than the other

the chair is a steel framed beach chairI sprayed flat bkack

I also have a small collection of chairs/seats/cushions that I have with depending on what is planned that day. Either the beach chair for long sits or the four legged chair if I think I will move more or the cushion. That cushion goes every where with - I use on a Stearns boat cushion with any old gym bag strap attached to the cushion handles. Pick it and sling it over your shoulder quickly.

JW
Old 03-28-2008, 07:21 AM
JW
Super Moderator

oh i do have a full enclosed blind too. dyd my research as with everything i buy. did not care for those cheaper blinds - some fabrics turn blue over time in intense sunlight. do not like shiny fabric. a blind to me is meant to blend in.
did not like those spring steel blinds - go up okay but most you have to add poles. buddies both have full enclosed similar to my double bull and I have repaired their torn joints, torn fabric longer thanI have owned my DB,
myDB is on its fifth yr - no problems - still is as if new.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

thanks JW that helps alot ill be lookin at the double bull blind today i hope they have it and ive also heard alot aboutt he new chair blind but i think i want somthing bigger. Then there the ameristep doug house ive heard alot about that
Old 03-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Well you cant even look at a double bull for less than $100....

Get an avery blind like JW! has, easy to carry, fast setup. Or get some pruners and make your own blinds. Jab some branches in the dirt in front of yourself...
Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah dont go with Double Bull, too expensive. I HIGHLY recommend the Ameristep Doghouse blind. I have 2 of them and they both work great for deer and turkey hunting. Save your money and get an Ameristep, trust me.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

ok thank you guys very much im headed out to get it now. i will probly pick up a box call to you can never have to many haha.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just at Cabelas and Primos as you probably knew bought out Double Bull and came out with a smaller version that look very nice for only $120! I will probably look into them next year and use my blind for another year. I do like it, it is an Ameristep Roundhouse and it is a tank! (45+mph winds) expected it to be gone. Ameristep does good work.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks you everybody i went and got the ameristep dog house blind i have only set it up in my living room but it is real nice i like it alot