Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 why can we only hunt till 12pm >

why can we only hunt till 12pm

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

why can we only hunt till 12pm

Old 03-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: why can we only hunt till 12pm

Since hens are illegal to take, I don't see why it matters that much. In LA., we can hunt til a half hour after sunset. One of my favorite times to hunt is 4:00 to 5:00, so I'm glad we are allowed to hunt after 12 or 1.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Spike

here in ohio we can only hunt till noon in spring.and we cant take hens.....but we now have a fall season where we can hunt all day and i think you can take a hen...and i believe this is all because they are nesting in the spring..we dont want to disturb mommy while shes on her nest ..lol.the fishing idea sounds good to me.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

does any one know why we can only hunt till 12pm? is it because, the hens need to nest? i have no clue.

Arent yo the samenugget that posted the post on hunting roost area's[&:]
Old 03-19-2008, 08:43 AM

yes, why the funny [&:]
ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

does any one know why we can only hunt till 12pm? is it because, the hens need to nest? i have no clue.

Arent yo the samenugget that posted the post on hunting roost area's[&:]
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish we could hunt all day. But they feel the hens would be disturbed off the nests too much if such was the case.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

In IL public land that allows hunting is off-limits to non-hunters until 1pm. Then you can go out and pick morels!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 AM

In FL we can only hunt till 1.But It dosent bother me they gobble better in the morning anyways IMO.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

The reason we can only hunt until noon is so that we have time to get back home, eat a quick lunch, hook up the boat and go chase bass in the evening.

Y'all gotta stop being so negative all the time.....
I gotta get my boat fixed, thanks for the reminder

After running it aground last week and having the only replacement part available to me break, I now own a 36 ft/# Motor Guide trolling motor (for the back of my little john boat I use pond fishing) that has "shallow drive". For the uninitiated, that means I broke the bracket and pin/spring assembly that tilts and locks the motor, so I have to use two hands to keep the thing at the optimal trim and press down on the back to keep it in the water when I reverse. But I don't have to worry about breaking the foot or the shaft off when I hit stumps anymore!

My War Eagle needs a new water pump (25 yamaha) and the DMV is dragging its feet with my VA trailer registration so I cannot even legally tow the thing! The 75 ft# Minn Kota on the front works though! But it would take me a long time to make the 40 miles to the lake using a trolling motor on the highway! [:@]
I tossed my ancient min-kota when I moved. I fish salt water anyway, haven't bass fished in ages. I came across my old VA trailer plate in the basement yesterday, if you don't mind a sticker that expired about 17 years ago, I can send it to ya My steering tube is frozen. Its happened the last few years running, but I usually give ita couple good whacks with a hammer and I'm good for another season. Couldn't budge it last year, but I was too busy house hunting to get any fishing in anyway. I was lucky to arrow a doe to fill the freezer before moving tho...

Justto not hijack the thread, no hunting past 1 in RI or 12 in CT. They don't want hunters bumping hens off the nest.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

That is an obsolete law implemented when turkeys were making a comeback. Hunting after noon has no effect on turkey nesting.Heck you guys cannot even hunt on sundays.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm goin to do some more research on it, but it may pay off. ultimag hit it when he said it was implemented during many states reintroduction. but i know Mo cann only hunt till midday but we also now have one of the largest turkey populations in the us. I do think it helps keep populations higher.

Quick Reply: why can we only hunt till 12pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.