Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

diaphram calls.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 AM

Default diaphram calls.

I used aprimos sonic domecall and i couldn't seem to get it do any of you guys know any that are easy to learn.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Default RE: diaphram calls.

They don't fit in every ones mouth. Try moving it forward in your mouth.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:50 AM

Default RE: diaphram calls.

Diaphgram calls take a little work to get startted and some require more "Break-in" than others. Just follow the directions on the container and practice.

I find the Quaker Boy & Penns Woods to be easier to "Break-in"....
Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: diaphragm calls.

Easy? No. Some are easier than others but none of them are easy I've found. I bought a sonic dome as well and it collects dust now. Couldn't get it to sound right. The "dome" doesn't fit me. I think it's more of a gimmick than anything.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't like their "domes" either. I like the Diamond Yelper for my Osceolas. It has a higher pitch than most, which I have found these birds like. I used the Diamond Cutter in Nebraska for Merriams and Hybrids with good success.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: strutnbuck

I like the Diamond Yelper for my Osceolas. It has a higher pitch than most, which I have found these birds like.
You can bet that I just put this in my memory bank!

I have a Primos call that I can't, for the life of me, figure out what it is. It has grey tape and is a three reed call. The two shorter reeds have V's cut in them and the longest reed is just a straight reed. This, by far, is the best call that I've found! I can do absolutely everything on it. The only problem is that I can't find them anywhere! I got it as a "free gift" in my NWTF package for joining. If I could find more of them I'd buy all they had.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use the primos dome but i use the small frame double reed. i like the high pitch for windy days. i used to think i would never be able to use diaphrams but with plenty of practice i can use any of them now. every person will be different. by best friend love the knight and hale tech series but i dont. it can get expensive but just try em out and see what works best.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Spike

Topcalls are fairly easy to use and sound great.They have served me well..!
http://www.topcalls.com/mouth.htm
Old 03-09-2008, 06:41 PM

I have been using Top Calls for 3-4 Years now! Great Calls!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Primos mouth calls are tough for me to use. I havent had much luck with them. I would suggest Quaker Boy or HSStrut. Cane creek calls are good as well...

Quick Reply: diaphram calls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.