Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Awsome sight.

Old 02-13-2003, 07:46 AM

Default Awsome sight.

Took my video camera out to a ridge area with a steep gulley and deep creek at the bottom on the Apalachicola national forest. A friend said he had been seeing tons of turkeys throughout the deer season. I found alot of turkey sign and set up my blind on top of the ridge at the junction of two gulleys. About 20 minutes before dark 8 gobblers walked by about 30 yards from me and stopped on a knoll at the edge of the gulley. I taped the birds as they one by one flew up into the large trees protruding from the valley. This was a first for me. I got it all on video. This camera also takes still pictures so as soon as I figure out how to download this i will post it here. I hope they are still there come March 15th.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Awsome sight.

Sounds like a great experience. I hope to get a good video camera one of these days.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive never watched them come out of the roost but watched them come down and that was great..except they flew away from me every time!..how did you sneak out without getting busted?? or did you?? that would be pretty hard to manage...that would be a neat tape to watch...i was filming a bow hunt and no deer were cooperating but turkeys came through both times so i filmed them..what a fun way to spend a day...zooming in on the long beards..i got a few nice shots..but it was with my friends regular tape recorder...i hope to get a digital video camcorder that does both one day...good luck hunting them!! they should be in that general area in the spring..
Old 02-14-2003, 04:32 AM

I waited until complete dark then eased out of the area. They were about 50 yards from me when they flew up to the roost. I waited about 10 minutes and crawled to the knoll and got a great shot of them on the roost. (I could see 5 out of the 8). They never spooked. I went back out yesterday and setup my trail camera.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story!!! I hope those pic' s turn out for you!!
Old 02-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can' t wait to see the pics. How excting
Old 02-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant wait for the pics.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]