Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

BSA RED DOT

Old 03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default BSA RED DOT

Has anyone used red dot scopes by BSA?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BSA RED DOT

I used one last year. I just hated worrying about batteries and turning the thing on and off. I kept an extra battery in my vest, but I would wake up and check the gun the night before to make sure it was off. I did kill a good bird with it...so it works. This year, I have put on a regular 1-4x scope. I think I am going to like not having to worry with batteries and off and on switches...but it did cost more than the red dot.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rochelle

Has anyone used red dot scopes by BSA?
A couple of years ago, a friend and I were patterning our guns at his house, and he wanted to try a newBSA Red Dot site onhis 11-87 that had onemounted on it's receiver. Well after taking only 4-5 shots, that BSA site's innardsfell apart!!! I was right there and seen the whole thing first hand. Right then and there I could see that you get what you pay for!!! Bottome line, stay away from BSA!! If you want the best red Dot sight on the market, go with an Aimpoint!!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one I had to readjust every 6 shots or so... while patterning the gun I could see thepattern start to swing left or right.... My dad bought one a little more expensive and he liked it, but due to the experience I had with that BSA, I took his off and put fiber sights on his gun after he went back home.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I've got 2 of em. One works great and the other can handle a shot or maybe 2 then it will be off, way off. I killed 2 toms the first year with it and the third 1 I shot at I completely missed. Went back home and patterned it and it was about 2 feet low. I never had any battery issues though.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Water resistant, not water proof as my brotherinlaw can testify. Better cover it up if it rains.