Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting? >

is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

As others have said...a facemask is a must. You can buy one at wal-mart for less than $5
Old 02-27-2008, 01:23 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...&noImage=0
how does this turkey vest look?
or this?
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...&noImage=0
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

wow I can't believe the primos one is that cheap, it must be the older model or something. I would def go with that one though, usually you have to pay a premium for the name but i think most of the primos stuff out there is pretty good. Also the primos vests i have looked at have very specific pockets to hold certain calls. This might not sound like a big deal but the old vest i have now basically just has a bunch of big generic pockets so everything i put in there bangs around and makes noise. Oh and i know everyone already told you to get a mask, but since they are pretty inexpensive you might want to consider getting two masks and two pairs of gloves. i am forever misplacing a glove, or mask, or someone i hunt with will forget theres and i borrow my back up. Just a little cheap insurance, because it stinks to get all the way out to the woods and realize you don't have your mask or only one glove or something dumb like that. Anyways good luck with the hunting and keep practicing the macho pose haha
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's cool gettin excited about turkey huntin and all, but buddy you're gonna find that it aint all that complex. Buy some cheap cargo camo pants, shirt, hat, facemask, and gloves(not too necessary), and of course boots(dont have to be camo--just wear your church boots or somethin). You really dont need a vestand a billion calls, cargo pants and a couple different calls will do--just make sure you know how to use em. You can spend all the money in the world on the "Best" equipment, but if you never get experience, you won't be worth a crap--just with any other kind of hunting. It's all about experience, technique/strategy/set-up, and patience. Just as long as you take those three things in the woods with you, you'll do alright. Just please dont forget to wear some kinda footwear. Good luck buddy, have fun.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:54 PM

yeah i might get the promos vest
Old 02-28-2008, 02:33 PM

One other thing you might consider picking up. I used a ThermaCell (sp?) last season for the first time. Wow, what a life saver. Our season opens in April in Oklahoma, and there is plenty of bug/critter life buzzing around. The ThermaCell is a lifesaver and a huntsaver. Keeps you from swatting at the bugs and allows you to concentrate on Tom and his friends.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:23 PM

slap on a mask, put some covers on those flippers and you'll be fine...be patient and don't move. A bit of green in those camies would help.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

My suggestion would be, that if you get a bird, don't grab him with those gloves on if he's still flopping. He'll wrap you up with those spurs and tear your hands up. I haven't done it myself, but I've seen it done....and it's hilarious when it somebody else. It looked like he was caught inchinese handcuffs.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's right... you should wear welding gloves and make sure you shoot it twice...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

He's right... you should wear welding gloves and make sure you shoot it twice...

A bayonette works well.... or so I'm told....

Quick Reply: is this enough camo to wear for turkey hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.