Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty >

Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty

Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty

I have been looking at getting one of these calls. I have played around with a Cherry Classic and think it is incredible but have also heard good things about Bud & Betty calls.What do yall think?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Default RE: Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty

Bud an Betty are very nice folks Russell Lynch which is the designer an builder of those calls has won many national championships with his craftmanship will be a very collectible call i have a couple myself in my personal collection...

MrGobbler
Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently was doing some decision making between the Woodhaven's and the Bud and Betty's and I think that I am going with the Bud and Betty's. I have email them a few times and I get quick responses that are very informative. Russell, the call maker of bud and betty's, selects his stuff by hand ... at least that's what I have been told / heard.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I got the Cherry Classic Slate and I love it. I don't know anything about the other call.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on! Who're you trying to kid? Just admit your addiction and get one of each.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Russell makes a good call, no doubt. IMO, custom calls are the way to go. It is not because I make them either. They look better, sound better, almost all call makers will replace anything, anytime. Plus, the relationship with the call maker is something that can never be under-valued!

Let me know if I can help!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got 2 of Russell calls... I like them... Bought both of mine atthe Dixie Deer Classic last year... The classic starts in two weeksRaligh NC fair grounds...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robert (r33h) and I talked about this very subject. As I put it to him, you won't lose either way. I have both of them and they are both amazing calls. The woodhavens I have were hand picked for me by our sales rep... apparently when Mike Pentecost found a really sweet one, he told our boy... who then called me.... I bought the call personally. I have four pot style woodhavens (two slates, one cystal and one glass), their real hen box, and just about three of every diaphram call they make. Their calls are really top notch.

I met Russel Lynch at a sportsman's show in SC when I lived there. He is as real as they get. I sorta felt like I was meeting Dale Earnhardt or something. I bought one of his slates and a Mahogony owl hooter outright, and ordered one of his aluminum calls a year later. They are awesome calls, and I thinkfor $50 per unit he is giving them away.

I'll say this tounge in cheek... I have never even HEARD of a flat sounding B&B being purchased. But I have taken Woodhavens out of the package in the store doing product demos for customers, and noticed that they were not quite as sweet as mine. Not that they are bad, they certainly are not. They'd still rock the snot out of most anything else on the market. I have spoken with Mike Pentecost on the telephone, and he is as wonderful a guy as you'd likely ever meet. And he makes some fantastic turkey calls. You aren't going to lose either way you go. The B&B is about $10-20 less than the woodhaven depending on where you shop.

An aside about the cherry classic: the CC is a higher pitched call. I think it almost sounds as loud as a glass call. If you want a sweeter, softer, lower pitched call, the B&B is the way to go... or take a look at the Legend Slate by Woodhaven, which is set in Walnut... thats a call that doesn't leave the vest.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 PM

r33h may want to check ebay Bud and Betty sell alot there also they have a ebay store

MrGobbler
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Come on! Who're you trying to kid? Just admit your addiction and get one of each.

Yea I agree with JoeA

Quick Reply: Cherry Classic vs. Bud & Betty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.