Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

blinds?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Default RE: blinds?

As all them nice blinds are fancy an do serve the purpose i also hunt turkey with bow an way i do is make my own blind compact roll up set that i carry with me and can set up fairly fast an i am able to take shots from with my bow with ease not crowded at all just wanted to add my comment

MrGobbler
Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 PM

Ameristep Bighouse and Stackhouse are nice and waaayy cheaper
Old 02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The large adjustable opening on the Matrix is worth the extra cost, IMO! No blind spots to worry about! Turkeys don't care if the blind is brushed in or not. Put the Matrix in the middle of a winter wheat field, and they will still approach it.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM

At one time Double Bull was the best of all of them but you should really go to a sporting goods store and check some of the other blinds. Alot cheaper and IMO just as good. I have a DB but if I was buying a new blind I lookall of them.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MrGobbler43

As all them nice blinds are fancy an do serve the purpose i also hunt turkey with bow an way i do is make my own blind compact roll up set that i carry with me and can set up fairly fast an i am able to take shots from with my bow with ease not crowded at all just wanted to add my comment

MrGobbler
Can you explain your set up a little more? I'm looking to bowhunt without a pop up also so I can be more mobile.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Until another blind becomes available with the large adjustable opening, the Matrix is all I will use. I don't care how cheaply I can replace it. I love the large adjustable shooting window that the Matrix offers.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

thanx guys alot of great info. much appreciated.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 AM

ground max
Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 AM

Double Bull is the best, but also the most expensive. I think I found the "best value" blind on the market. Take a look at the Ground Max Escape Deluxe....big enough for two men, tall enough to stand - all at full draw. They sell for about $150.00, got mine for $85.00 off EBay - tough to beat for a good product.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: adrenaline
ground max

ORIGINAL: adrenaline
Double Bull is the best, but also the most expensive. I think I found the "best value" blind on the market. Take a look at the Ground Max Escape Deluxe....big enough for two men, tall enough to stand - all at full draw. They sell for about $150.00, got mine for $85.00 off EBay - tough to beat for a good product.
I've got one and absolutly love it! Bought mine new for $125 at Bass Pro a few years ago. Saw that Wing Supply just had a big sale on them.It's plenty large enough for twolarge guys and a kid, easy to set up and even worksin the middle of fields as well.

My buddy had the DB and we decided to compare the two. After setting his and mine upside by side, he was pretty pissed he didn't look into the GroundMaxbefore buyingthe DB. A week after I left turkey camp, he went and bought the GroundMax blind and soldthe DB before the archery season opened.

As with everything, it all a matter of what you want to spend. I looked at both blinds I talked about and couldn't see spending $250 to $300+ more for something that was the same if not better.

Quick Reply: blinds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.