Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Alabama hunters?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alabama hunters?

Lower Peach Tree here we come!
You're kidding me! How weird to see the name Lower Peach Tree on a national website. LOL! My family owns a lot of land along the Alabama river just down the road in Packers Bend. We heard a total of 28 different birds gobbling last season on our place. Can't wait to get out there and harrass them again this year.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Glad to see all you rednecks, makes me feel at home.I'd love to be on an ALL ALABAMA team, I think we'd probably do well. But I do like hearing about hunting in other states and how much different it can be. I just love huntin in Alabama, love it. I just bought a new mouth call, hs strut deuce cutter.......it's got great rasp and volume. Anybody else bought a good new mouth call this year?? Do those sonic dome primos calls work ok?? I bought a mouth call that had a dome like that called a "tone trough" and it was awful.

An all Bama team would be awesome. And you should really look at getting a custom call, instead of the mass production calls. It really makes a world of difference.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

Lower Peach Tree here we come!
You're kidding me! How weird to see the name Lower Peach Tree on a national website. LOL! My family owns a lot of land along the Alabama river just down the road in Packers Bend. We heard a total of 28 different birds gobbling last season on our place. Can't wait to get out there and harrass them again this year.
Thats funny. I couldn't believe what i saw when i got there. It is literally just a gas station and a burned down building that got a name designated to it from the looks of it. LOL I didnt expect anyone to recognize that name. The place im hunting is split. 600 acres on the river and 400 2 miles down the road of pines. We hearda few gobbling every morning, and never stepped foot on the river property last year. Ended up killing a nice longbeard, and some old man that has permission to turkey hunt in return for patrolling the propertyhad already killed his 5 longbeards by the time i arrived. It is a deer lease of my dads good friend, and since they dont turkey hunt, I am free to go whenever i want during the spring. I am heading earlier in the season thisyearand spending every day hunting the wooded river bottoms in stead of the pines on the other farm.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, an all Alabama team would be awesome.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Any of these birds look familiar guys? Looks like I've got some competion here in LA.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Arjuna,

I am from Indiana but come down to Rucker every year on my Spring Break to hunt. Do they still have all those areas closed that they shut down last year. You probably know John Clancy or Jergy the game warden?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure which areas you are talking about. They always have some areas closed for training. You have to call in the hunt-trac system to find out which ones. I don't really know the game warden at rucker. I know the Geneva County game wardens much betterbecause I hunt more private land than public. This year I hope to do more at Rucker.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Last year they closed a bunch of areas for good. Of course they were the ones I hunted most. You still had to call in and check to see what was open and then to check in and out. I cant wait to eat at the 231 b-b-que. I eat there every day it is open, man it is good.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 AM

well just to let yall know another alabama hunter here. live in north alabama cant wait till season starts have seen more birds this year than the last 3 or 4 READY to hit the woods..........
Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't believe what i saw when i got there. It is literally just a gas station and a burned down building that got a name designated to it from the looks of it.
You are probably not going to believe this but Lower Peach Tree used to be alarge town about 100 years ago. It was once a major port of call for river boats on the Alabama river. It had it's own newspaper and was big enough to support the practice of 4 doctors. A huge and extremely powerful Tornado completely wiped it off the face of the earth back in 1913. The entire place looked like a plowed field. By 1913 the river boatera was pretty much over and done with so there was just no reason to rebuild the place after the storm. Little bit of trivia for you there that your family and fellow hunting buddies may not know.

Quick Reply: Alabama hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.