Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Who got you hooked on turkeys? >

Who got you hooked on turkeys?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who got you hooked on turkeys?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who got you hooked on turkeys?

I can honestly say I got myself hooked on turkeys. I taught myself everything I know about turkey hunting, mainly by trial and error.My dad wasn't a turkey hunter and none of my hunting partners turkey hunt. Hell, they don't hardly hunt anything anymore.I do have one friend who is trying to bag his first turkey. I'll be going to Tenn. a few times to tryand help him get his first, and me a couple.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who got you hooked on turkeys?

my dad.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My uncles...but the real deal is that.....turkeys got me hooked on turkeys....
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me is was actually my girlfriends dad. I was actually just a punk a$$ basketball player for most of my youth until he got me into the woods. I shot my first longbeard that spring and havnt turned back since, now im into all of it, deer, waterfowl, turkey, bow you name it i love it!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Banned

I got myself hooked on turkeys, or I should say the turkeys got me hooked. I had a buddy of mine that went and tell me how much he enjoyed it, so I started going and I just got hooked.

My dad used to hunt turkeys all the time when he was younger and he even would make his own mouth calls, but now he just can't seem to find the time to get back into it.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Myself. My first turkey hunt was my dads first as well. In a way, I got him hooked. Turkey are by far my favorite animal to chase after.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

My aunt. She is one of the best turkey callers i know.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I did it all myself. I was definetly sold when I heard my first gobble and in he came. No I didnt get him but wow what a rush. It took me a few years to finally put one down, but from then on Ive ben a turkey killing machine. I anticipate opening morning and dread the last day. I use to cherish opening day of bow season, but now I look foward to that first spring morning turkey hunting. Come on spring. I need that rush again. I admit Im addicted to turkey hunting...
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first turkey got me hooked on hunting turkey! Most everything that I know about hunting and turkey hunting has been self-taught with many errors. I guess thats one of the best way to learn though. All of my family members that hunt are huge deer hunters and they really only shoot a turkey if they are out deer hunting and one happens to walk by. I found out quickly that turkey hunting is much more exciting than deer hunting, especially when that gobbler is right in front of you!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

My little brother talked me into going turkey hunting with him about 15 yrs ago. Not that I learned what I know from him. He was new to turkey hunting at the time too. Since that time, I have become an avid turkey hunter and now guide other folks on their hunts.

Quick Reply: Who got you hooked on turkeys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.