Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

B-MOBILE

Old 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Default RE: B-MOBILE

B-Mobile is awesome...he's my friend! ha
We had gobblers coming in to tear him up last year, but i had to protect my friend and take out the mad fightin' toms...

Old 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM

...and another

Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

OK, wow, you guys are something! Love the sarcasm, love the comebacks, and love the fact that we are all just crazy turkey/hunting nuts penned up waiting for the spring season to get here.

Just due to the way I have learned to hunt (not saying its right or wrong) and the personal experiences (bad for me!!) with decoys, I tend to use them vary sparingly. No question they are absolutely a great tool for many many many folks. In the states and specifc places within that I have hunted I tend to be set up in woods where the birds have had to come and 'find' me, and the times I've used a decoy its messed me up because the Tom has hung up on me........save once in Kansas where I was calling birds flat out into a field.

Nevertheless, I am very interested in wanting to purchase one of these, and have convinced the boss that a 2nd mortgage to pay for it and two weeks off of work to learn how to assemble it in 3 minutes in COMPLETE darkness (lol - does it get any more dark than dark?) Love it! would be a good idea.

My main question is, (yes there is a point to all of this) does anyone have any experience using these or other decoys out in wide open country, for instance Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming for getting birds that they might spot SEVERAL HUNDRED (say 400-500) yards away come in?

Reason I ask, I'm heading out west this year, never been, pumped as all get out to hunt three states in one trip and was seriously considering purchasing one of these contraptions........

Just can't decide if B-mobile or Pretty boy is better.........................JUST KIDDING dudes!!!

But seriously, the question is, has anyone had any perosnal experience, good or bad with them in situations out west with Merriams / hybrids where you might spot some birds, and set up to tyr to call them a country mile to you?

I ask because in my non-experience, but trying to learn from what I read and those I talk to, that in some instances a. you can get birds to come from a far distance right to you and b. the other side of the coin is that you sometimes have to walk a country mile (or two) to get in front of birds because they cover lots of ground.

Any bits of advice on this one?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

hambone44: That bird of yours works good to have his tail on backwards.

TF

Old 02-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

On one of the hunts with my B-mobile last year, 2 of my brothers were using it. The were set up on an open field of mustard weed. They seen 2 turkeys across the road about 400 yards away. Hit the gobble call and those 2 birds seen B-mobile and were on their way, went under 2 barbwire fences and crossed a gravel road. and ran the last 100 yards. I think the combo of getting their attention with a gobble call and the movement of the decoy is just more than they can take.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:37 AM

well what kind of gobble calldo you guys use what brand name?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: hootnscoot

OK, wow, you guys are something! Love the sarcasm, love the comebacks, and love the fact that we are all just crazy turkey/hunting nuts penned up waiting for the spring season to get here.

Just due to the way I have learned to hunt (not saying its right or wrong) and the personal experiences (bad for me!!) with decoys, I tend to use them vary sparingly. No question they are absolutely a great tool for many many many folks. In the states and specifc places within that I have hunted I tend to be set up in woods where the birds have had to come and 'find' me, and the times I've used a decoy its messed me up because the Tom has hung up on me........save once in Kansas where I was calling birds flat out into a field.

Nevertheless, I am very interested in wanting to purchase one of these, and have convinced the boss that a 2nd mortgage to pay for it and two weeks off of work to learn how to assemble it in 3 minutes in COMPLETE darkness (lol - does it get any more dark than dark?) Love it! would be a good idea.

My main question is, (yes there is a point to all of this) does anyone have any experience using these or other decoys out in wide open country, for instance Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming for getting birds that they might spot SEVERAL HUNDRED (say 400-500) yards away come in?

Reason I ask, I'm heading out west this year, never been, pumped as all get out to hunt three states in one trip and was seriously considering purchasing one of these contraptions........

Just can't decide if B-mobile or Pretty boy is better.........................JUST KIDDING dudes!!!

But seriously, the question is, has anyone had any perosnal experience, good or bad with them in situations out west with Merriams / hybrids where you might spot some birds, and set up to tyr to call them a country mile to you?

I ask because in my non-experience, but trying to learn from what I read and those I talk to, that in some instances a. you can get birds to come from a far distance right to you and b. the other side of the coin is that you sometimes have to walk a country mile (or two) to get in front of birds because they cover lots of ground.

Any bits of advice on this one?
I lived in NE and can't tell you how many Toms I have taken from the Black Hills of NE, SD and WY. First of all, the highest turkey populations are in the sparce pine and meadows of the Black Hills. There are field birds, of course, but if you are going out there I would recommendhunitngthepine. Better expirience. I used traditional decoys and they helped sometimes. Mostly when the birds where coming off the roost or durring the time when the Toms aren't henned up. With B-mobile it will even work when they are henned up. They will see B-mobile from across a field while they are henned up and still come running. As far as calling the birds back in NE, SD, WY you can call them in a long way out but the birds don't like to cross any fences or go over any ridges so know what is between you and the Tom.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Turkey Fife

TF
It looks backwards but isnt, just have to stick the individual tail feathers into a folding plastic piece and none of the smaller base tail feathers are used..so I can see where it is appearing that way to you I suppose...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

I use a Primos gobbler shaker call, I think that is what it is called, but it is a Primos
ORIGINAL: j.r buckmaster

well what kind of gobble calldo you guys use what brand name?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

I actually went a step futher and hot glued the smaller feathers to the fan, I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
ORIGINAL: hambone44

ORIGINAL: Turkey Fife

TF
It looks backwards but isnt, just have to stick the individual tail feathers into a folding plastic piece and none of the smaller base tail feathers are used..so I can see where it is appearing that way to you I suppose...

Quick Reply: B-MOBILE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.