Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Load prefference

Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Turkey Load prefference

3" Rem hevi 6's worked great last year, still have some left but will be trying Win.Elites this year.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anything Winchester makes
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Anything Winchester makes

Mr Longbeard A question for you? Do you have trouble with the white packing coming out of your shells? When I used the winchester I had trouble with the packing. They shot ok from my gun but I had that white packing falling out of the shells...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Spike

I had the same problem with the Rem. hevi-shot last year. After running them into the magazine a few times the crimp would loosen up and the buffering granules would start to trickle out.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

rem hevi#5 and nitros
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havent had that prob with any of the new shells... A few years back a had a few boxs of XX (red halls) loads that did that... Really wasnt that big of a deal... I havent seen that in any of the new loads...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Man, this has narrowed my choice down to either rem. nitros, winchester suppreme elites, or hevi shot but I still am having a hard time making up my mind about which one I would like to try this year. I have already shot all of my birds with nitros, but I would like to try somthingnew but then again "if it isnt broken dont fix it" is my mind set right now.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The difference in energy levels between lead and Hevishot pellets are like night and day. After seeing first hand the damage done to a turkeys head while using both, the Hevishot loads are the way to go!!!!
I've been a faithfull Nitro shooterfor several seasons now and wouldn't switch back for anything!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roadkillwarrior

Man, this has narrowed my choice down to either rem. nitros, winchester suppreme elites, or hevi shot but I still am having a hard time making up my mind about which one I would like to try this year. I have already shot all of my birds with nitros, but I would like to try somthingnew but then again "if it isnt broken dont fix it" is my mind set right now.

Pretty much what I was thinking... You already have the most expensive shells made

I'll still stick with Winchester
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Nitros for me.

Quick Reply: Turkey Load prefference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.