Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 What is your Favoite call/calls?? >

What is your Favoite call/calls??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is your Favoite call/calls??

Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM

Default What is your Favoite call/calls??

I mean the ones you cant go into the woods without.

Mine is my H.S. Strut Split V mouth call.

Called my first bird in with it.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your Favoite call/calls??

Well if your talking about my in my turkey vest every time I'm in the woods call then it would have to be my Grahams Mountainside comb call and my Bob Clark series III slate... Now if your talking about my custom call then I would have to say my Ted "Pete" Peters slateI also have a Cody World Class signed by Bill Zering that I really don't hunt with anymore...
Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

mouth = my ownTooky River Calls / "The Enticer"

box = Larry Greeser /Larry's Favorite

pot style = Andy Kaiser /cooper call

I've got a bunch of friction calls that I love but Andy's cooper is one that I'll never leave for the woods without
Old 01-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Diaphram : Any of the Woodhaven or Hooks Brand calls. I also have several Preston Pittman Diamond calls
Pot & Peg: Woodhaven Crystal or Vision aluminum
Box: Southland long box
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM

i like the sounds of the calls made here locally better than that of the retail store calls. Ive had good luck with both Cane Creek Calls and more recently Lost River Game Calls.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mouth, River Valley Game Calls' Sweet Talker

Glass/Slate, River Valley Game Calls' New Enigma (glass over slate) can use either.

Box, River Valley Game Calls' Fall Harvest Box call.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Since I make long box calls I won't leave home without this one:

I alsouse a glass call I made and a slate made by my good friend Ralph Chandler...For diaghram calls I use Hooks and handmadediaghramscalls by Steve Kinder.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Quaker Boy mouth calls. As long as I have 1 of them Im set. But I have a bunch of different calls that I use from box, mouth and slate...
Old 01-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Spike

I always, always, always have one of my homemade box calls. I also have an Aluminator pot call and at least 3 mouth calls.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 PM

Many people ask what is the best turkey call to use. There really is no set answer to this question. My answer would be this - use the calls that you are the most comfortable with. I like to mix it up a little bit until I find what that gobbler really likes. By doing so you sound like there is more that one hen which sometimes is all it takes to draw in that curious gobbler. Don't use a call that you are uncomfortable with because one wrong sound and you could be walking back to the truck empty handed.

When a gobbler is "hened up" and will not come in, try to call the hens in. You ask how? Play copy cat with the hens by making the exact sounds she makes. If she yelps 5 times then you yelp 5 times. Most of the time this will anger the hen and make her come in looking for a fight. If it doesn't work get more aggressive with your calling. Throw in some excited yelps and cutts. Hopefully this will make her mad enough to come in and investigate and probably bring that big gobbler with her.
Whenever you move to a new location start out by calling softly. If you don't get a response then increase your volume and aggressiveness. The reason in this is because there are times you may have a gobbler close to you without knowing it. If you start off loudly you will most likely scare him away.

I know you all have heard this time after time but I will say it again. The key to bagging that gobbler is "PATIENCE". That's the best technique out there in the woods. Don't over call - calling to much can scare that call shy gobbler away. If you get a gobbler to gobble he knows you are there. Don't scare him away by calling to much. Be patient - if he likes what he hears he will be in your sights soon.
Stump talk is not the law of turkey hunting and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. We simply want to help beginning and even some of the more experienced hunters if we can. If you have any questions or comments on this or any other Stump Talk article please email me at [email protected].

Thanks for reading, good luck hunting, and God bless.

Bryant Burcham
Eagle Creek Outfitters
www.eaglecreekoutfitters.com

Quick Reply: What is your Favoite call/calls??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.