Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting Jernals

Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting Jernals

I keep a pretty detailed jurnal during the spring... I like to break them out and relive my turkey hunts every year around this time of year

Does anybody else keep a detailed jernal???
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Jernals

I don't....I should, but I don't. It would definitely help if I did.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I do as well Mr. Longbeard. They do come in handy and its fun to go back and read them from time to time...
Old 01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, I learned to keep one while tournament bass fishing, and just carried it on in my turkey hunting. It's amazing after a few years how you can use it to predict gobbling activities highs and lows.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

I do! It helps SO much, plus it is fun to look through, like you said!!

IMO, it is nothing but a useful tool! I am not sure why more people dont do it....
Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

I can answer that ICALL2MUCH. Because people are lazy and want to take the easy way out. But keeping a journal makes it easier in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Spike

I wish I had, but I suppose it's never too late to start. At this point I feel like I can remember things that have happened well enough, but I know that really isn't true. Details mean a lot with turkey hunting and a journal can only help.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep journalsfordeer, ducks, and turkeys. Inow log each and every hunt.I do it primarily to look back on past years. It's pretty neat to go back andread about your past hunts throughout the years.I really don't use them as a hunting tool though.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

i do every year......its great.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I keep journalsfordeer, ducks, and turkeys. Inow log each and every hunt.I do it primarily to look back on past years. It's pretty neat to go back andread about your past hunts throughout the years.I really don't use them as a hunting tool though.

Same hearWhen I first started one , it was mainly for a hunting tool... Then as years went on and I started getting older and a lot more forgetfull... I mainly use them just as means to re-live my past hunts

I only keep one for turkey hunting... I use to keep one on deer... But Something about Wild Turkey hunting that just gets in ya and you end up obsessed!!!!

Quick Reply: Hunting Jernals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.