Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Freaky Turkey

Old 01-29-2003, 10:20 AM

Default Freaky Turkey

Hey, guys. Just wanted to show off my turkey that I shot the spring of 02. If I remember right, I had some pictures of it right after I shot it. Scott Vance from the NWTF told me I have a turkey that shows both erythritic and albino traits. I now have the mount back from the taxidermist. Love the work he does. Right now it looks like I'll have it at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Wisconsin. Enjoy. No, Bloodtrailer, it was not shot out of a barnyard.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...ky1/index.html

You may have to scroll down a bit.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:35 AM

Default RE: Freaky Turkey

Thats one unique looking bird like a pi-ball deer. Congratulations! What did you think when you saw him coming in?
Old 01-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

looks kinda domestic to me but it can be some discoloring like albinos and pibalds have...neat looking bird...id love to have one like that on my wall..kinda neat how the fan and the wings are the white and the rest seems normal...congrats on the bird...id say you did the right thing of getting him mounted...you probaly wont see to many like that if you see any
Old 01-29-2003, 11:21 AM

I was a bit torn about whether to take him or not. His gobble was like a young bird and I noticed that his beard wasn't that long, so at first I didn't want to shoot him. But after slowly working closer to him, he wouldn't come to me, I saw his colors better and decided that I would then shoot. Couldn't pass him up.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:36 PM

Neat bird and nice mount!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird
Old 01-30-2003, 01:31 AM

Awesome bird!! I shot a bird in WV this past spring that looks very similar to yours. Mine had a much lighter feathers on the body. Almost a light-red color. My bird had 2 beards and NO SPURS. He had alot of feather damage on his fan and on his back at the base of his neck. I'm guessing that since he had no spurs he was getting his butt kicked. He weighed about 17 1/2 Lbs. My mount is nowhere as nice as yours due to the damage but it is a unique turkey. I will try to post a pic of mine at a later time. Congrats.....
Old 01-30-2003, 07:37 AM

jdibacco, the color of the picture is a bit dark. probably due to scanning in the photos. the feathers on the body are really a very light brown, close to a red color too. My guy looked like he was taking a beating from the other tom's too. his spurs were only .5 inch long. His chest/belly was worn down to his skin in a couple places due to strutting I think. I was worried that this would show, but my taxidermist did a great job. He weighed in at 23 pounds and also had 2 beards the second one is too small to see in the pics. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your bird.

Old 02-03-2003, 03:15 PM

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0U1t6gxQ!1RSogn2*i8L DKkNq1OcLv*sVxJQNhHJAdE6PGQUd5r6G*kTb62e7kLGhlhGR3 JVIOr3TEN2A8MCOv7prAXxa5blxig$$
Click on this link.. this should get you to the pics of my bird.. let me know what you think or if you can't open it... jdibacco
Old 02-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Freaky Turkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.