Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ! >

Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ!

Old 01-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ!

just bought a diamond cutter mouth call. i can't get a single sound out of it. im trying to follow the instructions on the box and made one LIL vibration. can anyone give me any tips? thanks.

jjoel

POST A GUNREVIEW TODAY!
http://gunreviews.to.gs
Old 01-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ!

NEVERMIND I GOT IT!!!!!!! already got in trouble by my mom lol. oh well. cool call.

what does everyone think of the diamond cutteR? what other calls would you recommend? i wanna stay cheap (gotta buy a new choke for my shotgun)

POST A GUNREVIEW TODAY!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may want to try a sigle reed or double reed until you start to get the hang of it...

Old 01-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

this is a 3 reed and im used to it. been playing with it for several minutes. ummm. any other calls (mouth calls) that u guys might suggest? i might buy another one to have a different sound. im like pretty sure i'll be turkey hunting this spring.

POST A GUNREVIEW TODAY!
Old 01-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to blow the H.S.Strut Cutt'n 2.5 better than any other I've tried. Some of my buddies can't stand them, but they can really cut up on a Primos call which I can't stand. Just keep trying different ones til you find THE one you blow best.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I use a variety and they all have their good and bad points. If you are budget conscious you may want to try the Quaker Boy Green calls because I have found them to be good and also very durable.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

do i really need decoys also? maybe just a couple?

right now here's my shopping list needs.....
*choke tube for a winchestr 1300
*turkey load shells
*facepaint/something to cover my face
*decoys?
*a couple more calls?

i'm really getting used to that diamond cutter but do I really need a couple more calls? maybe one box or slate call hmmmmmmm.

how often should i call too? just unload turkey information on me!
thanks
jjoel

POST A GUNREVIEW TODAY!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

i cant use a mouth call yet myself so i cant help there...as for decoys...i dont use them and neither does my dad and he killed a few longbeards in his day..and his calling really is nothing special...just sits there and yelps on his glass call and they seem to come running..i would say get a friction call maybe a glass or a slate or something like that if you can...i use that alot more than anything else...a box call is nice in wind but if you get good with a mouth call you can learn to scream with it...maybe a locator call like a crow call is all i use...and about the paint..i really odnt like that they sell masks out there that are alot easier and only a buck or 2 more than paint and will last forever and be easier and you wont look like a wannabe rambo in the woods lol good luck...post all your questions you will get the help!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jjoel, check out the mouth calls at www.rivervalleygamecalls.com . They have a wide range of mouth calls from:

Kee-Kee (blue) for the kee-kee run
Ridge Runner (red) double reed call
Reluctant Hen (black) triple reed
Sweet Talker (yellow) inverted v, slightly raspy
Triple Split (orange) v cut, more raspy
Crazy Cutter (green) half moon cut, very raspy and most popular

I'm sure you'll find the one suited for your liking. They run $5 ea or 3 for $12

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 01-29-2003, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

jjoel,
Do yourself a favor. There is a &quot;NEW&quot; video by Knight & Hale this year and it should be in stores now. It's by Walter Parrott and Chris Parrish called &quot;Perfecting the Turkey Diaphragm Call&quot;. It is very well put together and shows you everything. This video will show and help the beginner along with showing and teaching the seasoned advanced caller.

Check it out!!

Edited by - ctwny1 on 01/29/2003 06:10:32

Quick Reply: Turkey mouth call HELP PLZ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.