Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Only four more months..... >

Only four more months.....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Only four more months.....

Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Only four more months.....

til my spring season. Man, I can't wait. I have had a good deer season and duck season is now going and will heat up come December and January,but I just can't get spring turkey hunting off my mind. We don't have a Fall season here, but I don't think I would Fall hunt anyway. It's just not the same as working that longbeard,hearing him gobble, and seeing him strut into shotgun range. I guess the deer and ducks will just have to do for now.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Only four more months.....

I know what you mean. I am already working on getting everything in order for the spring season. Best time to be in the woods and there is nothing better than hearing that gobble and then seeing him come in!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ugh...i got dang near 6 full months to go filled my buck tag 10-13...got alot to keep me busy....but i been thinkin turkey the last couple weeks for some odd reason....still the love of my hunting life...nothin like workin a call and workin in a big ole limb hanger...
Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have 5 months to go. I am already getting theturkey bug. I have been turkey hunting this fall, but it just isn't the same as hunting them in the spring.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

Today is the opening day of the second fall shotgun season and i have been watching the newest truth video the truth 19 spring turkey hunting and that has got me ready for spring.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

They are talking about 10 to 12 inches of snow here where I live in north central MN. today and tonight. I've been looking into hunting for a Rio's down In Texas or Oklahoma already,so I'm ready to go right now,but this snow is going to make it seem a lot longer till I can get at them again!
Old 12-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts May 1st here in NY, so we got a long way to go yet!!
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

til my spring season. Man, I can't wait. I have had a good deer season and duck season is now going and will heat up come December and January,but I just can't get spring turkey hunting off my mind. We don't have a Fall season here, but I don't think I would Fall hunt anyway. It's just not the same as working that longbeard,hearing him gobble, and seeing him strut into shotgun range. I guess the deer and ducks will just have to do for now.
I know what you mean. I can't wait either. I've already been through all my stuff and ready to order for next spring. It's going to bea long winter.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait either!Myself and a friend of mine will be heading to Florida the end of March to try our luck at an Osceola. On the way back we'll stop in South Georgia, where my parents live (and I'm from) to try our luck at our first Eastern of the year. Then we'll end the season back here in NJ.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gamblinman

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I know what you mean. I can't wait either. I've already been through all my stuff and ready to order for next spring. It's going to bea long winter.
Same here. I am already getting antsy!!!