Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Scope?

Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scope?

How many of you use a scoped shotgun when hunting for turkey?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Scope?

I do and have for the last 4 to 5 years - forced to go to it as I am old and my eyesight will not let me use the Tru Glo open sites I once had.

Bought a Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro and put it on my 11-87 SP - using the 21 inch cantelevered barrel. I also went from 3.5 inch back to a Std 3 inch.

JW
Old 11-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using a scope for many years myself, mostly because my gunnever shot to the point of aim, it always shot high left!!
The Leupold 1X4 Shotgun scope works very well, it has stood the recoil test of many 3" turkey loads over all these years without a single hic-up.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I've used one for the past two seasons here - spring and fall. It works well for me. The scope I purchased is made by Tru-Glo
Old 11-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I started with a scope 20 years ago then about 6 years ago I bought my first Red Dot...Love them for turkey hunting!!!...I've had a Millet Red Dot on my Browning for 4 years now and it is one sweet scope.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I've been using a leupold 1x4 on my gun for the last 7 years now and will never go back to an un-scoped gun again. They do add a touchof extra weight to the gun,but with the clarity and the dead on point of aim,it's worth it by far to me.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, JW! is right, he is old as dirt and definitely can't see. He tried to knock a 2X6 board off my shelterwith his head when he was here to turkey hunt with me.

But I will admit, he recommended the same scope to me and I used it last year, certainly made a good difference for me. dog1
ORIGINAL: JW!

I do and have for the last 4 to 5 years - forced to go to it as I am old and my eyesight will not let me use the Tru Glo open sites I once had.

Bought a Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro and put it on my 11-87 SP - using the 21 inch cantelevered barrel. I also went from 3.5 inch back to a Std 3 inch.

JW
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
JW
Super Moderator

And I still luv ya dog even though ya are short!

and folks -I am trainable - I only did it once!

here is my gun.

Do note the buck Creek neoprene monte carlo cheek piece. it was needed to make sure that once I broguth the gun tp cheek - I was spot on eye level with the scope. and it is very comfortable to shoot.

Now I dropped the first bird at 21 yards standing and took the secondas the brid was on adead run at 18 yds as it ran past me.

JW
Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 PM

hey jw howd you get that picture on the side under your name??? i cant get 1???
Old 11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Truglo red dot scope and tried as hard as I could to like it but it just sits too high up for my liking. I'll have to get a cheek piece to be able to get the proper cheek weld, and I don't want to do that. I'm going to use something else this spring.

Quick Reply: Scope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.