Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 01-25-2003, 06:56 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin hunters

paintbrush,where you hunting in zone 2? we hunt there also,well,we live there.

slayer
Old 01-25-2003, 09:29 AM

Maytom,

Hey I got last season may 21st-may 25th. Boy we sure used to hate that last season, temps sometimes in the 90's. But the last few years last season has been great. Hens sitting on nests and late springs with lower temps have made the last season pay big the last few years here in WI. I,m just praying for another late spring this year. Mike and I are going to be spending alot of time chasing Gobblers together this year. I will tag along with him and his father at least one day during their 3rd season hunt. Then some time in the first couple weeks of May we are going out the Black Hills of South Dakota, Mike, his father Al, Arturo, And I. The four of us hope to fill up on Merriams. Then Arturo And I both have tags for Last Season back here in WI. I am sure Mike will be more than ready to help dupe a couple Gobblers With Arturo and myself.

Heck Maytom, it looks like I am going to have to go on a few more out of state hunts each year just to fill up that spur board of yours. I love it by the way. Thanks a bunch.

The worst day in the Turkey woods Is by far, more fun, than the best day of any thing else I have ever done.

Jerry
Old 01-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Deerslayer: We hunt around Stuben.I've made some great contacts and have meet some great people down there. Have to say that you Wisconsin folks are some of the nicest people I have meet!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:20 PM

paintbrush, a tip on Stueben: all roads lead into Stueben,but which ones lead out? ask a resident that one...its an insider joke...local thing...anyway,im about 20 mins from stueben,and i think we have land around there somewhere...maybe its soldiers grove...dunno...ill ask dad...but anyway,if ya need help when youre here,just give me a holler,i got some good spots.

slayer
Old 01-25-2003, 08:25 PM

4th season you said? im not hunting that week,so if you see nothing,you know who to ask. i bet youll tag out though.lotta turkeys down near stueben.

slayer
Old 01-25-2003, 08:25 PM

4th season you said? im not hunting that week,so if you see nothing,you know who to ask. i bet youll tag out though.lotta turkeys down near stueben.and i dont just mean the birds.

slayer
Old 02-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one of Mike' s last posts!! Sad that he finally got to be able to hunt with his dad this year, and now this sad turn of events.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Paul, as I was readin his post, I was thinkin the very same thing about Mike gettin to hunt with his dad. things like that are what makes me wonder why, how, could this happen. I just can' t understand it.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:39 PM

I had already gone back and read this post of Mike' s yesterday after hearing the sad news. I too am saddened and bewildered also as to how such a great person who has touched so many lives and was looking forward to hunting with his father this spring......how can such a thing happen? Only the guys like me who never had the priviledge to meet him don' t know what was going on in his mind or his life to bring it to a premature end. We can all carry on his passion for turkey hunting and I' m sure that would bring a smile to his face. All his family and friends can have comfort in knowing he is with God now and is probably calling in a big old gobbler in Heaven as we speak! Rest in peace, GobbCaller!