Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

bad day

Old 10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bad day

it was a nice cool morning today. to my suprise it was almost like the deer where spooked from the area. i was hunting a location i usually see 5 + deer a day. about 9 o clock a bird flys over my head about 20 minutes later i hear some soft clucks from the location it came from. i sat still until i heard the bird that just spooked. began to mouth call and it came trotting about 5 yds away. it saw me and took an alternate route to the others. she swung around 30yds from my stand. i drew she stopped and i let it rip.it imediatly flew and i figured it was a miss.

i get down and search for my arrow a few feathers,blood and green where on it[&:]i couldnt believe myself for not taking her out.its my fault i searched for a good 20-30min. with not sightings or hearing of lone turkey. on the way back i bumped a dozen that she was with earlier.

what do you feel about the hit. do you think she will die/is dead? was it too far back?
thanks for reading a little long ik
Old 10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bad day

It's hard to say where you hit her. I would guess she will most likely die, if not already. They are impossible to find if something like that happens though. Too bad they dont leave a blood trail like a deer.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:28 PM
JW
Super Moderator

if youhave a dog take it to the area. The dog will find it.

Is what I do.

JW
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thats a bummer...
Old 10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i learned a life lesson...i think only shoot turkeys when your turkey hunting?