Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 4-Beard Busters-Official Team Thread!!! >

Team 4-Beard Busters-Official Team Thread!!!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 4-Beard Busters-Official Team Thread!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 4- Official Team 4 Thread!!!

I sent him a PM a couple days ago, but I just looked at his profile, and he hasn't logged in since Aug. 8. So we might want to get a replacement.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well,is it ok if I go ahead and assume the role of captain??? I have had 2 votes, but no one else has any votes and no one else has suggested anyone else for captain. And we have 2 votes for 2 differentnames. Should I just flip a coin and see which name wins????
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

LOL go for it! I still vote you as captain though. And the fact you check the post regulary makes me think your fit for the job!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I flipped the coin 7 times, and "Beard Busters" won the day, 4-3, so I guess we have an official team name.

I think that I have someone that will make an avatar for us that want to use one.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 4-Beard Busters-Official Team Thread!!!

Changes have been made to your team .... matchbook454 has been replaced by ihelge , please welcome your new team member and wis him good luck this season.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Hello team. I am proud to be aboard and look forward to hunting with you.
My season has already started and was out last night with my 5 year old trying to get one with the bow and a 5 year old and a camera man was quite the challenge. We chased them up but the 5 year old wanted to practice calling with a mouth call so the birds didn't come in. It was one of the most pleasurable times out hunting though and was his first time in the woods.
Anyway, Go Beard Busters!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, welcome to the team!!!!! I am the captain, so I guess I am the one officially welcoming you.Hopefully some of the other guys will be on the thread sometime soon.Sorry I wasn't on here sooner, I was gone all day yesterday. Anyway, I hope that you can help put us on the board!!! You must have a really early turkey season. Ours here is KS doesn't start until Oct. 15.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:54 PM

Just checking in to say saw a flock of about 24 birds in the lower hay field. Should be able to bag one this season! And hens count for something in this contest right?
ttyl all
Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet!! Hope you can get one this year. I haven't really been scouting this summer for turkeys. I have been focusing on dove hunting and deer scouting. But, around here, you can basically go out and find a flock in the field and then sneak up on them later. There are too many turkeys around here. Sometimes hunting them around hereis as easy as falling off a log and sometimes you can't get on a turkey to save your life.

Good Luck!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 AM

I am going tomorrow morning with my 5 year old son to see if we can bag one. I hope you guys don't mind if I shoot a hen. I told him we would shoot the first one we get a shot at since it was his first experience hunting in the woods. I would love to hold out for a 28 pound tom with a 12 inch beard but it is more important to me to have him grow up and enjoy hunting and success always helps with that.

Quick Reply: Team 4-Beard Busters-Official Team Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.