Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gun choke??? update

Old 06-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gun choke??? update

I recently bought a used Browning 12ga Gold Hunter semi-auto shotgun and the choke seems to be siezed into barrel, well atleast I couldn't get it out with the tool that was provided. I'll admit I didn't give it my all for fear that I may ruin it. The question is does anyone have any ideas or tricks on getting the choke out???

thanks,
Chris
Old 06-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun choke???

try heating up the end of the barrel and give it ur all ... this happend to my farther when he bought a used superblack eagle.... be carefulle not to heat up the gun too much bc u will ruin the blueing.... and use some common sence and where protctive gloves that barel is going to be warm.....hope this helps
Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the idea, I will give her a try and let you know how it turns out.

Chris
Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

saturate it with pb blaster overnight, should come right out.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: moose1915

saturate it with pb blaster overnight, should come right out.
What is pb blaster? and does it matter that the gun is in the shadow grass camo pattern?

thanks,
Chris
Old 06-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend swabbing the seam between the tube & barrel with a light oil and let it set for a few days. Then re-swab the seam and try to unscrew the tube.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun choke??? update

I was finally able to free the choke without too many issues. I ended up soaking it in PB blaster, making a wrench and tapping it with a hammer while trying to tighten. Then, when I tried to unscrew it while putting some muscle into it, bam it broke free and after a few turns I was able to unscrew by hand.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions I saved some cash thanks to the wisdom of the board

Chris
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Im haveing the same problem with my browning gold hunter 12ga. So what exactly is pb blaster. I have soaked the end of the barrel in oil for days and still couldnt get it even to show a sign of budgeing. I have broke about two or three choke tube renches trying to remove this thing.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Spike

PB Blaster is a rust dissolving product similar to liquid wrench or other penetrating oils. In my experience it is the best. You will find it in the automotive section of your local Wal-mart or any auto parts store. Good luck with your project!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to suggest using some Krol...

Quick Reply: Gun choke??? update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.